Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

A surprise came in the mail.......

transversaltransversal Posts: 719
edited 2:30PM in EggHead Forum
Been wantin one a these a long time......

District4-20110701-00007.jpg
·

Comments

• ShedFarmShedFarm Posts: 499
    Congrats! Be careful with that tip. It's sharp!

For a moment there, with the white Thermapen on the white background, it almost looked like you were showing us an empty package. :)
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
    ·
  • transversaltransversal Posts: 719
    So happy to finally get it, BJ. Been using an inexpensive Taylor....it does the job, but it's a slow read. Ok for the oven or stove cooks, but not good for the Egg. It'll get used starting tonight. Thanks for the "tip".....pun intended!!
    ·
  • SlickSlick Posts: 382
    One of my favorite cooking tools! No serious cook should be without one.

Ken
    ·
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    You will love it. we marked the back of ours with a fine tip sharpie for the temps we like for steak, chix and pork and such.
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,776
    Very nice. You'll love it. I got one for my birthday last month, but its the blue one, which everybody knows is the fastest one. ;)

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • Austex_EggerAustex_Egger Posts: 153
    Nice! I just checked, mine has been delivered by FedEx. Can't wait to get home!
    ·
  • dsmithdsmith Posts: 147
    I beg to differ, Volunteer Orange Thermapens are by far superior and is clearly related to TN. Go Vols!
    ·
  • ShedFarmShedFarm Posts: 499
    That's a WONDERFUL idea! I keep having to dig the phone out of my pocket for a quick search in the middle of cooks, because the target temps just slip my mind. My Thermapens are in "don't lose me" yellow.

Time to break out the Brother P-touch label maker! :)
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
    ·
  • Spring HenSpring Hen Posts: 1,493
    ...but it's not purple :unsure: Are you not a Tiger????
    ·
    Excellent idea!!
    ·
    I darn sure am, Judy!! But, we wear white jersies on Saturday nights!!

Hey, do you know how to shring my sig pic?
    ·
    I mean, that's much to ugly a mugg to be that big!!
    ·
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    ok, I will be the bad guy. Do we really have to look at your mug every time you post?
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    White thermapens are notorious for being the slowest instant read thermometers out there. You should have gotten a black one. ;) :laugh:
    ·
    My black one has beaten many a blue ones. :laugh:
    ·
  • meat03manmeat03man Posts: 83
    I have to be the guy but can I get some Mountaineer fans on here?
    ·
    Take a smaller picture. ;)
    ·
  • misfitmisfit Posts: 358
    Don't have a thermapen yet, but I should. Can't help with re-sizing your mugshot, yet oddly curious about the hat that you wear. Found a really good one, think that fishlessman has a Tilley also. Canucks making them are good for something afterall. B)
    ·
  • Spring HenSpring Hen Posts: 1,493
    I don't know how to shrink your picture (and it's not an ugly mugg) but Spring Chicken is working on it for you.....glad to know you are a Tiger too...
    ·
    I can't.....my head's too big!!
    ·
    Look you trouble maker........you should be ashamed of yourself!! I'm, attemptin to beautify the site, and you're making disparaging comments about my lovely countenance!!
    ·
    Or, is the proper word "incontinence!!"
    ·
    LMAO...But it ain't comin down til 2fat apologizes. My feelings are hurt!!
    ·
    Man, that's one'a my prized possessions. I've had it a long time. It's like an old friend.
    ·
    Hey Spring Hen....you have a safe and happy 4th.....I'm takin some grief for my mug.....never intended it to be so large. But now Im glad it is.....I'm gonna get even with 2 Fat!!
    ·
  • Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,693
    How about this size?

Transversalphoto.jpg

or this size?

Transversalphoto.jpg

Spring "A Little Bigger Than Small" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
    ·
    You're a whiz, Spring!! Tried downsizing it, but couldn't, so I just nixed it.
    ·
  • tacodawgtacodawg Posts: 335
    Where did you order it from? I was waiting for Molly to get back on the board and order one.
    ·
    OK. Continue on my friend. :laugh:
    ·
    Sorry dude I didn't mean to hurt you. Continue having fun. :laugh:
    ·