Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you egging for the 4th?

RaleighGuy
RaleighGuy Posts: 207
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'll be doing some ribs, butts, steaks, and maybe attempt a brisket (have never done a brisket, but I think I'm ready). I love the 4 day egging weekends!

Eddie

Raleigh, NC

Comments

• Rezen73
    Rezen73 Posts: 356
    I'll be egging vicariously through you all.

I'm flying to Wales on Sunday for 6 days... won't be home until the following weekend. So my 4th of July will be spent on the streets of Cardiff.

Hoping to do wings & pizza tomorrow though. :D
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Nothing, unless we come home early on the 4th. Kids don't have an egg.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Put the West coast on your bucket list while in Bonny Scotland. Mightynice.
  • Rezen73
    Rezen73 Posts: 356
    Planning on driving to Inverness from London with my inlaws in September, stopping for a day at Ben Nevis on the way (and lots of stops inbetween!).

Which part of the west coast do you recommend?

Cheers
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Try cooking your briskey hotter than you would pork shoulder, say 325ish. It turns out alot better in my opinion.
  • deepsouth
    deepsouth Posts: 1,796
    ribs, chicken wings, flank steak (fajitas), lots of vegetables, and more, but not sure what else yet.
  • My wife tells me that steaks are in my future but I really want to try to do pastrami. I figure if I put a corned beef in the fridge at lunch that will be a pretty good motivator.

My oldest daughter wants shrimp and the youngest just wants anything...lol. Sounds like surf and turf is coming up.

Bruce
  • tacodawg
    tacodawg Posts: 335
    Starting a little early. Tonight a tri tip so I can use the left overs for lunch. Saturday  afternoon ribs for some friends coming over. Sunday doing a pork butt for some ABTs on Monday.. Monday is a holiday I will let someonelse cook that day...
  • ScubaQ
    ScubaQ Posts: 7
    Hosting two parties here

Tonight
    Santa Maria tri tip (morro bay rich)
    Ribs
    Pizza on the egg

Fourth
    Abt dip
    Monk balls
    Ribs
    Brisket
    Whatever is left in fridge
    Co-founder-PNWBA Eggfest; Certified KCBS & PNWBA Judge Toys: Lg BGE, Weber Performer, RCS Natural Gas Infra www.hophogs.com | twitter.com/hophogs | facebook.com/hophogs
  • RaleighGuy
    Oh! Forgot about ABT's. Local peppers are just starting to come in here.

Eddie

Raleigh, NC

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Can't wait. Been a hard week at work and I'm lookin forward to some Fun with a capital F.

Slow smoked *Old Fashion Spare Ribs*, roasted corn on the cob, tater wedges with big blobs of sour cream and chives, beer brats while listening to Bob Uecker- Mr. Baseball and the Brewer games, strawberry short cake, buttermilk biscuits with a ton of butta. Kicking it off tonight with a Friday Night Fish Fry.
    American Flag is flying high. Free Ice Cold Beer all day tomorrow. Bluegrass music playin in the background, smokin a pipe or two of Uhle's Black Stoker.
    www.uhles.com

Cheers! :cheer:
  • EgginTiger
    EgginTiger Posts: 101
    my parents will be in town so my dad will be doing the cooking this weekend, hopefully he'll do steaks, ribs or chicken....or maybe all 3 :)
  • Austex_Egger
    Austex_Egger Posts: 153
    Going to do my first low and slow on the Egg this weekend. Doing a brisket and a couple butts. Can't believe how much I am looking forward to smoking meats! :)
  • The ride from Ben Nevis along Loch Lochy and then Loch Ness to Inverness is real nice. I recommend crossing to the north side of Lock Ness at Fort Agustus and taking the ride on that side of the Lock. A stop at the Loch Ness Monster Museum in Drumnadrochit is a nice place for a break.

If you are not pressed for time, a drive up Glen Moriston is real nice - it's one way in and back down the same road.

Out of your way for this trip, but a ride along the same Lochs down to Oban for the night is nice.

We once took a weekend ride up the east coast to John of Groats, then along the north, and back down the west coast and stopped at Inverewe Gardens - real nice

If you are skiers, you will want to visit Aviemore and Cairngorm this winter.

We became professional picnicers and hit the road often between 82-87 when we lived in Nairn.

Enjoy.

BTW - The Whiskey trail along the river Spey is outstanding.
  • Got a house full of visitors until the 9th and a 4 more visiting staying in hotels over the 4th weekend. Not sure yet, but have a turkey thawing in the fridge and will probably do a couple tri tips, some ribs, and finger food like moink balls, wing lollies, and stuffed fritos.
  • RaleighGuy
    Never heard of stuffed fritos. Just did a search and saw a previous Stuffed Fritos pic post made by you. They look interesting.

Eddie

Raleigh, NC

• wallyjar
    wallyjar Posts: 123
    Starting Sat feed for 30-40 on Sunday.

Brisket
    Pulled pork
    baby backs
    spare ribs
    sausage
    an all the trimmings
  • Doing a brisket sunday morning, throw some hamburgers and sausage on while the brisket rests, set the egg back up low and slow to finish the burnt ends...mmmmm
  • thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    paradeday002a.jpg

I know what I'm doing this weekend..... just not sure it'll all fit on my Egg. Heheheee.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • dsmith
    dsmith Posts: 147
    12 Brats
    4 Polish Sausage links
    28# of pulled pork butt
    14# of crab legs (will steam these)
    Inumerable Rolaids...
  • dsmith
    dsmith Posts: 147
    12 Brats
    4 Polish Sausage links
    28# of pulled pork butt
    14# of crab legs (will steam these)
    Inumerable Rolaids...
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Sunday, 5.8 lb chicken for spatchcock, Monday, 2 4lb racks of St Louis Spare Ribs low and slow.

:P :P
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • RaleighGuy
    That is a beautiful sight!!!!

Eddie

Raleigh, NC

• PWise
    PWise Posts: 1,173
    Pork butt (160F just now...)
    Sea Scallops
    Ribeye
    Oysters
    Bluefin Tuna

Cheers!!
  • PWise
    PWise Posts: 1,173
    Hehehe feel free to come visit anytime!!

Cheers!
  • Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Just got back from the store.

Fri nite - Bronzed Snapper, roasted mixed veggies and hush puppies

Sat Nite - Strawberry/Red Onion salad, some prime filets, caberbet baby portabellas,

Sunday - Wings, wings, wings, and beer, beer, beet

Monday - Not sure yet....but ribs are likely

Wishing everyone a very happy and SAFE 4th!!
  • Prime
    Prime Posts: 52
    We are doing burgers and ABTs.
  • Elde
    Elde Posts: 148
  • I just got back from a business trip to Europe last night and missed my egg!!

Pizza tonight!

Taking ABTs to a friends tomorrow - probably something else too - wings are usually a fan favorite.

Burgers for Lunch on Monday
    Ribs for dinner on Monday.

I have one week of heavy egging then back on the road again... Delta Airlines stock price is inversely proportional to how much egging I do..