Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

What are you egging for the 4th?

RaleighGuyRaleighGuy Posts: 199
edited 10:42AM in EggHead Forum
I'll be doing some ribs, butts, steaks, and maybe attempt a brisket (have never done a brisket, but I think I'm ready). I love the 4 day egging weekends!

"A word to the wise ain't necessary-it's the stupid ones that need the advice." Bill Cosby

Eddie

Raleigh, NC

·

Comments

• Rezen73Rezen73 Posts: 356
    I'll be egging vicariously through you all.

I'm flying to Wales on Sunday for 6 days... won't be home until the following weekend. So my 4th of July will be spent on the streets of Cardiff.

Hoping to do wings & pizza tomorrow though. :D
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,342
    Nothing, unless we come home early on the 4th. Kids don't have an egg.
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • Put the West coast on your bucket list while in Bonny Scotland. Mightynice.
    ·
  • Rezen73Rezen73 Posts: 356
    Planning on driving to Inverness from London with my inlaws in September, stopping for a day at Ben Nevis on the way (and lots of stops inbetween!).

Which part of the west coast do you recommend?

Cheers
    ·
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Try cooking your briskey hotter than you would pork shoulder, say 325ish. It turns out alot better in my opinion.
    ·
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,788
    ribs, chicken wings, flank steak (fajitas), lots of vegetables, and more, but not sure what else yet.
    ·
  • My wife tells me that steaks are in my future but I really want to try to do pastrami. I figure if I put a corned beef in the fridge at lunch that will be a pretty good motivator.

My oldest daughter wants shrimp and the youngest just wants anything...lol. Sounds like surf and turf is coming up.

Bruce
    ·
  • tacodawgtacodawg Posts: 335
    Starting a little early. Tonight a tri tip so I can use the left overs for lunch. Saturday  afternoon ribs for some friends coming over. Sunday doing a pork butt for some ABTs on Monday.. Monday is a holiday I will let someonelse cook that day...
    ·
  • ScubaQScubaQ Posts: 7
    Hosting two parties here

Tonight
    Santa Maria tri tip (morro bay rich)
    Ribs
    Pizza on the egg

Fourth
    Abt dip
    Monk balls
    Ribs
    Brisket
    Whatever is left in fridge
    Co-founder-PNWBA Eggfest; Certified KCBS & PNWBA Judge Toys: Lg BGE, Weber Performer, RCS Natural Gas Infra www.hophogs.com | twitter.com/hophogs | facebook.com/hophogs
    ·
  • RaleighGuyRaleighGuy Posts: 199
    Oh! Forgot about ABT's. Local peppers are just starting to come in here.

"A word to the wise ain't necessary-it's the stupid ones that need the advice." Bill Cosby

Eddie

Raleigh, NC

·
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,418
    Can't wait. Been a hard week at work and I'm lookin forward to some Fun with a capital F.

Slow smoked *Old Fashion Spare Ribs*, roasted corn on the cob, tater wedges with big blobs of sour cream and chives, beer brats while listening to Bob Uecker- Mr. Baseball and the Brewer games, strawberry short cake, buttermilk biscuits with a ton of butta. Kicking it off tonight with a Friday Night Fish Fry.
    American Flag is flying high. Free Ice Cold Beer all day tomorrow. Bluegrass music playin in the background, smokin a pipe or two of Uhle's Black Stoker.
    www.uhles.com

Cheers! :cheer:
    ·
  • EgginTigerEgginTiger Posts: 101
    my parents will be in town so my dad will be doing the cooking this weekend, hopefully he'll do steaks, ribs or chicken....or maybe all 3 :)
    ·
  • Austex_EggerAustex_Egger Posts: 153
    Going to do my first low and slow on the Egg this weekend. Doing a brisket and a couple butts. Can't believe how much I am looking forward to smoking meats! :)
    ·
  • The ride from Ben Nevis along Loch Lochy and then Loch Ness to Inverness is real nice. I recommend crossing to the north side of Lock Ness at Fort Agustus and taking the ride on that side of the Lock. A stop at the Loch Ness Monster Museum in Drumnadrochit is a nice place for a break.

If you are not pressed for time, a drive up Glen Moriston is real nice - it's one way in and back down the same road.

Out of your way for this trip, but a ride along the same Lochs down to Oban for the night is nice.

We once took a weekend ride up the east coast to John of Groats, then along the north, and back down the west coast and stopped at Inverewe Gardens - real nice

If you are skiers, you will want to visit Aviemore and Cairngorm this winter.

We became professional picnicers and hit the road often between 82-87 when we lived in Nairn.

Enjoy.

BTW - The Whiskey trail along the river Spey is outstanding.
    ·
  • Got a house full of visitors until the 9th and a 4 more visiting staying in hotels over the 4th weekend. Not sure yet, but have a turkey thawing in the fridge and will probably do a couple tri tips, some ribs, and finger food like moink balls, wing lollies, and stuffed fritos.
    ·
    Never heard of stuffed fritos. Just did a search and saw a previous Stuffed Fritos pic post made by you. They look interesting.

Eddie

Raleigh, NC

·
  • wallyjarwallyjar Posts: 123
    Starting Sat feed for 30-40 on Sunday.

Brisket
    Pulled pork
    baby backs
    spare ribs
    sausage
    an all the trimmings
    ·
  • Doing a brisket sunday morning, throw some hamburgers and sausage on while the brisket rests, set the egg back up low and slow to finish the burnt ends...mmmmm
    ·
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    paradeday002a.jpg

I know what I'm doing this weekend..... just not sure it'll all fit on my Egg. Heheheee.
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
    ·
  • dsmithdsmith Posts: 147
    12 Brats
    4 Polish Sausage links
    28# of pulled pork butt
    14# of crab legs (will steam these)
    Inumerable Rolaids...
    ·
  • dsmithdsmith Posts: 147
    12 Brats
    4 Polish Sausage links
    28# of pulled pork butt
    14# of crab legs (will steam these)
    Inumerable Rolaids...
    ·
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 1,616
    Sunday, 5.8 lb chicken for spatchcock, Monday, 2 4lb racks of St Louis Spare Ribs low and slow.

:P :P
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
    ·
    That is a beautiful sight!!!!

Eddie

Raleigh, NC

·
  • PWisePWise Posts: 1,173
    Pork butt (160F just now...)
    Sea Scallops
    Ribeye
    Oysters
    Bluefin Tuna

Cheers!!
    ·
  • please adopt me :)
    ·
  • PWisePWise Posts: 1,173
    Hehehe feel free to come visit anytime!!

Cheers!
    ·
  • Austin SmokerAustin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Just got back from the store.

Fri nite - Bronzed Snapper, roasted mixed veggies and hush puppies

Sat Nite - Strawberry/Red Onion salad, some prime filets, caberbet baby portabellas,

Sunday - Wings, wings, wings, and beer, beer, beet

Monday - Not sure yet....but ribs are likely

Wishing everyone a very happy and SAFE 4th!!
    ·
  • PrimePrime Posts: 52
    We are doing burgers and ABTs.
    ·
  • EldeElde Posts: 129
    Ribeyes...
    ·
  • I just got back from a business trip to Europe last night and missed my egg!!

Pizza tonight!

Taking ABTs to a friends tomorrow - probably something else too - wings are usually a fan favorite.

Burgers for Lunch on Monday
    Ribs for dinner on Monday.

I have one week of heavy egging then back on the road again... Delta Airlines stock price is inversely proportional to how much egging I do..
    ·