Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My winning berries

Mainegg
Mainegg Posts: 7,787
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just realized I had not posted how I did these. I guess it has been mentioned and I did not want to drag it out but had a few ask so...
I do not have hardly any pics to share but it was just large strawberries that I cut the top off, down about 1/2 an inch, trim off the green and set aside for garnish. I used a strawberry huller to scoop out the meat in the center of the berry and try to leave enough of the wall to be firm. I mixed cream cheese with a little powdered sugar, and a few drops of vanilla. stir till well mixed. I put one blueberry in the bottom of the strawberry, then a dot of cream cheese mix then a raspberry and then more cream cheese mix. put the top back on. you do not want any filling coming out it should seal up. then roll in conf sugar just to coat lightly. I used the large Pillsbury crescent rolls, the bang cans. take them apart and lay the end of the strawberry in the center with the point down. roll the pastry around it and pinch off the bottom and top to seal. pat the side seam to seal there too. I baked indirect at about 400. a piece of parchment paper is good so they do not stick. bake till golden brown. dust with powdered sugar and set the top back on the end of the new berry :)
we had to use firewires and I just threaded it from top to tip and they did make it easy to handle them. I won $100.00 and two tickets to the M&G and to the fest next year :)

berries.jpg
stfdbrs.jpg

Comments