Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

"ONE" food item disliked??

• Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    Cauliflower, Brussel Sprouts, Broccoli, liver, asparagus.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• transversaltransversal Posts: 719
  • transversaltransversal Posts: 719
    Kelly, I'm with ya on that one. ;)
  • Morro Bay RichMorro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    Brussel Sprouts = little green balls of garden muck :sick:
  • Rusty RoosterRusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
    ;) ;) ;) ;) :sick: :sick:
    nuff said!!
  • BacchusBacchus Posts: 6,019
    Mayo for me too. It's like someone threw some rotten eggs and rotten milk in a blender....wala, Mayo!
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Ron, give it a chance. I couldn't stand it for the first 40 or so years of my life but now I can't imagine a salsa without it. -RP
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    raisins and any weird body parts of an animal.. stomachs, brains, balls or any of that stuff :sick:
  • Essex CountyEssex County Posts: 991
    Makes me think of the note on the menu at the Road Kill Cafe: Never assume it's a raisin.
  • Weekend WarriorWeekend Warrior Posts: 1,702
    I also fall into the "Cilantro tastes like soap" group and I'll also add liver and Limburger cheese. :sick:
  • Scotch Whiskey :sick:
  • RRPRRP Posts: 16,402
    Trust me I have Randy - even in polite company where I had to eat that crap, smile and swallow it and gag! :sick:

Just think of it this way - since I avoid it like the plague you can have all of mine! :laugh:
    Dunlap, IL
    now dems fightin words! :woohoo:
    Dunlap, IL
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,362
    In retrospect, I imagine that if I was cornered, an angry steer, cow, boar, etc., could inflict mortal damage to me. Fortunately, I can easily avoid these scenarios. However, spending a good amount of time in FL, I can't say the same for sharks, alligators or rattlesnakes. On the other hand, I learned as a youngster that I'd better eat everything that was offered on my plate. I therefore grew up with very few dislikes and find it somewhat amusing (with malice toward none) that some abhor things like beets, raisins, liver, lamb, cauliflower, cabbage, sweet potatoes, cilantro, all of which I enjoy. As for olives, I'm still working on that one. Not to worry if you invite me for dinner.. I'll eat just about anything!
  • CBBQCBBQ Posts: 610
    Growing up we were allowed one item that we didn't have to eat when served. My brother chose spinach which he now eats. I on the other hand cannot even be in the kitchen when sweet potatoes are cooked.
  • AngelaAngela Posts: 461
    cooked spinach
  • Hate mayo-esp may salad sandwiches served at a post-funeral/banquet/retirement party nearest you. can't eat olives but love the juice in my martini's. The thing I think ruins most meals-fennel. Feel like I am eating black jellybeans with my dinner.

No offense, but to me, spinach (the northern, curly-leaf variety) sauteed in garlic infused olive oil is to die for!!~~
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    olives :sick: :sick:
  • Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,723
    The theme here at the Chicken Ranch for today is, "Chug-a-lug, chug-a-lug. Make me want to go hi-de-ho..."

Right now I would pay handsomely for a cilantro, raisin, sweet potato, fish, beet, meatloaf, mayonnaise, green pepper, olive, liver sandwich.

Yeah! Tomorrow I get all naked and feeling happy to have someone take an interest in my butt. But today, I will be chug-a-luging clear liquids until 6:00 PM and then drink a s**t-load (pun intended) of liquid soap, or whatever the hell that stuff is. It's not going to be a fun day.

Spring "Ooops... Gottageaux Hi-de-ho" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,493

Chitterlings and scrapple. That is two but essentially they are the same.

Caledon, ON

Does all that produce like.. well.. "Texas smog"?? I've been to IAH (used to be?) and the stench in the under ground parking garage could rival anything that the NJ Turnpike had to offer. Oh well, I guess it's a territorial thang!!~~
  • I think it's more than 10%
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,937
    You left out LONEY.
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,493
    Same thing

Caledon, ON

• Believe it or not:
    Raw Onions.

Cooked, not crazy about but raw makes me gag and I can't stand the smell. The smell of raw onions ruins the eating experience for me the way some people can't stand cigarette smoke when they are eating.

FWIW, I love garlic and I will use onion flavoring in foods. Raw onions are strong, too, like a bad fart. you can't just take it in small palatable doses.

"here, just have a small taste of gasoline to see how you like it..."
  • PhilsGrillPhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Sea Urchin.
    uncle uncle uncle

you win... :laugh:
    Dunlap, IL
  • Little ChefLittle Chef Posts: 4,725
    Ambrosia Salad!!! :sick: :sick: :sick: It's like eyeballs and slimy things hidden in whipped cream! :ermm: :sick: :sick: