Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

chicken tenders

BostonButterflyBostonButterfly Posts: 39
edited 5:01AM in EggHead Forum
Hi All,
I'm planning on chicken tenders on skewers tonight. Seperate skewers with veggies. Lurking through past posts, it looks like I should aim for 350* with a raised grid. Should this be direct or indirect? I'm assuming it won't take long to cook this, with frequent turning. So my question is, do I cook it with the dome open? Just open when turning? Do you ever cook with the dome open?

thanks!

Thermapen is being delivered today! :)
·

Comments

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,776
    Direct, dome open only when turning.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • I do cook with the dome open from time to time, but not when grilling chicken skewers. (It's hard to stir fry in a wok w/a closed dome.Lol) When I do hanger steak, I put a cast iron skillet on the grid until screaming hot, then I open the dome and cook the steak in the skillet. It gets a nice crust all over and I can ensure that it stays quite rare in the middle.
    ·
  • Thanks to both! Looking forward to dinner.....
    ·