Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

"ONE" food item disliked??

Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,820
edited 1:28AM in EggHead Forum
Thanks to Pork Butt Mike for giving me the inspiration to start this, considering his love for "LONEY".

What is the "ONE" food item that you absolutely abhor???

For me it is raw green bell peppers.
·

Comments

• vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Liver...oh and lamb... :sick: :pinch: :S :huh:
    ·
  • dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    mayo
    ·
  • Wish I liked olives but they make me gag.
    ·
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Richard,

Only thing I can come up with is 'over cooked' stuff. :ermm:
    ·
  • EgginTigerEgginTiger Posts: 101
    mushrooms :sick: :sick: :sick:
    ·
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Kim,

Even LCs' lollipops? :ohmy: :blink:
    ·
  • The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    Beets
    The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,351
    Anything that could eat/kill me.. shark, alligator, rattlesnake, etc.
    ·
  • I eat virtually everything. Nothing better than finding myself in a foreign country where I don't speak the language and ordering randomly from some dirty streetfood cart (which are often the most delicious).

The one thing I can't stand is durian. Allegedly a "fruit" (it looks like a green football covered in spikes), it tastes like ass mixed with fart wrapped in rotting onions and then left in a hot car overnight. Horrifically disgusting. Tried it once- won't ever do it again.
    ·
  • Austin EggerAustin Egger Posts: 256
    Black Olives for me :sick: One thing that I haven't tried but can't imagine is the grilled lettuce. Not sure I can ever bring myself to that one.
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,776
    Green Bell Peppers....cooked or raw. :sick:

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,423
    If it has to be one thing, I have to say that I more than abhor bell peppers. I get absolutely nauseous from them, unlike over cooked cabbage, which is merely disgusting.
    ·
  • EgginTigerEgginTiger Posts: 101
    that's jus nasty :sick:
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,022
    Cilantro in any form! I hate that crap! To me it ruins the whole meal as it leaves a taste like eating a bar of soap! YUCK!
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    I MUST CONCUR! :sick: :sick: :sick:
    ·
    I have never eaten dog but any lamb I have ever tried has left an after taste which tastes like what I think dog would taste like....yuck pooey... :S :sick: :sick: :sick:
    ·
  • missyjanemissyjane Posts: 20
    Meatloaf. And EVERYONE I know says "OH you'd like mine!" and they make sure I have to taste it. NO NO NO I DON'T and any burger with the stuff mixed in tastes like meatloaf. It is not just like hamburger. :sick: :sick: :sick: ;) and Arby's. YUK
    ·
  • SlickSlick Posts: 382
    ROSEMARY!!! Probably the most overused herb in "upscale" restaurants. To my tastebuds, even a little overpowers the flavor of the food.
    ·
    Matt,

Wow what a description...too funny and while I have never tried it your description sounds similar to what others have said it tastes like...they is a store here in ATL that sells Durian milkshakes...not gonna try it, nope, no way... :woohoo: :pinch: :unsure: :S :woohoo:
    ·
    BTW Richard...remember Poot doesn't like your Loney...but he loves mine... ;) :) B) :ohmy: :laugh: :lol: :silly:
    ·
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,423
    FWIW, about 10% of the population, of which I'm one, tastes soap when eating cilantro.
    ·
  • Goat meat :S
    ·
  • bobbybbobbyb Posts: 1,349
    beets
    ·
  • CBBQCBBQ Posts: 610
    Sweet potatos!!!! The smell makes me nauseous and the texture is even worse. To me.
    ·
  • ManfredManfred Posts: 186
    I have to many to list so I will put it this way. If it is good for you and healthy I am not going to like it. That just me.
    ·
  • I used to have a problem with green peppers too, but then turned the corner for no reason. If cilantro counts as a food, that's it for me.
    ·
  • bbqbethbbqbeth Posts: 178
    raisins..little rabbit turds..
    ·
  • Rusty RoosterRusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
    I am not sure I would admit to knowing what thoes flavors taste like. :ermm: :sick: :blink:
    ·
  • transversaltransversal Posts: 719
    I'm with ya on that one, RRP. And most devotees of cilantro have a tendency to over do it.
    ·
  • EggObsessedEggObsessed Posts: 417
    Goat cheese. If it even touches anything else on a plate,such as fruit, I can taste it.
    Kelley 
    Egging with NoJokeSmoke (Bruce) in SW Austin, Texas
    BGEs: XL, Medium and Mini
    ·