Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

some guys get guns for anniversaries.....

Options
dhuffjr
dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
.... I go for flammables. :evil:

My wonderful bride of 15 years doesn't like my propane method of lighting the Egg so I got her some green goo for her anniversary present. 15 is the "green" anniversary right :woohoo: :whistle:

142.jpg

Comments

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    You are truly a hopeless romantic! Emphasis on "hopeless". :woohoo:
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Do you have a back up gift? B)
    Care in use as it burns very clean and it's hard to see the flame. Great stuff.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • meat03man
    meat03man Posts: 83
    Options
    I was just wondering if anyone could tell me where to buy this stuff? I have went with the propane torch and rubbing alcohol techniques. I was thinking of purchasing a weed burner but I am always interested in trying other products as well.
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    UMM, if I were you, I would run right out to the jewelry store before she gets home!! This is sound advice!
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • HungryMan
    HungryMan Posts: 3,470
    Options
    I get knives, I have to buy my own guns.
  • pci
    pci Posts: 249
    Options
    Florida Grillin Girl wrote:
    UMM, if I were you, I would run right out to the jewelry store before she gets home!! This is sound advice!
    :)
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    You know this is on record, "grounds for divorce", that sort of thing! :evil: :P :(
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    man, u are soooo screwed!! if I were you, i'd take faith's advice.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    Dennis, I can't believe how thoughtful you are! :woohoo:
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    Dennis, I sure hope you have a plan B! :pinch:
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    That stuff looks like a :unsure: margarita mix.

So....You got her the green goo for you to use on your egg on your anniversary as a gift for her? :blink:
    :laugh:

Strange... anniversary card addressed to "Wife". :S You are sooooo romantic.

Dennis,
    Happy anniversary. ;)
  • ShedFarm
    ShedFarm Posts: 499
    Options
    Quick! Put a "Y" on the end of the text on the card envelope. Changing "Wife" to "Wifey" takes it from "Ugh!" to "Awwwww!"

That green goo kinda looks like bottled Big Green Egg snot.
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • FLbobecu
    FLbobecu Posts: 309
    Options
    Not sure if the place you bought it from is offering a recall, or what, but where I get mine they have a recall on this stuff.

Furthermore, I don't know if you like using it, but I had quite a bit of trouble getting it to start a fire. It burns out in just a few minutes, and unless you put like 1/8th of the bottle down, I had to use a small fan to stoke the fire each time.

Since the main ingredient is isopropyl alcohol, it burns very quickly. I was hoping this was something else, because I can get isopropyl alcohol at Walmart for $.70

Regardless, happy anniversary. :)
  • dhuffjr
    Options
    The real gift was a little trip last week for the two of us. She had been pestering me for some of this for a while so I thought it a good idea for one of my prank gifts.

Every Christmas is a well thought out collection of things she has mention, things I come across that I know she'd love and things like this to make her give me the "look".

This year one thing she got was fire extinguisher because at our last competition last year she managed to discharge our bbq extinguisher in a storage box ruining the contents of the box.

Yes Mike I am the hopeless romantic :woohoo:
  • dhuffjr
    Options
    I got this at Meijer.
  • dhuffjr
    Options
    I normally alternate between "wife" and "Ang" on her cards.... I like to mix it up. :laugh:

It was a toss up on the card. I almost got one that didn't open and said something about the card like me not doing what it is supposed to. :woohoo: