Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

slightly OT: New Kamado "Pro" Joe?

BananaChipz
BananaChipz Posts: 207
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Apologies if this has already been posted.

Have you seen what Kamado Joe is coming out with:

http://kamadojoe.com/products_projoe.htm

Check out the last link on the right for a text description. It looks like the Viking Kamado, but it seems they are putting some extensive thought into the design... 575lbs.. jeeezzz

Comments

• meat03man
    meat03man Posts: 83
    That is a balling grill for sure, I can only imagine the price on that thing, I would guess 4 grand.
  • BananaChipz
    I could see $4k for sure.. For that kind of $, I'd rather get a komodo kamado (or 4 BGE's for that matter LOL).
  • watchdog
    watchdog Posts: 5
    Make that 8 BGEs... How about $8000.00 :woohoo:

http://www.cbbq.us/Kamado-Joe-Pro-KJ-Pro.htm
  • meat03man
    meat03man Posts: 83
    8000 for a grill my wife would slit my throat with the 10000 razor I bought the other day.
  • BananaChipz

That's 2 or 3 Komodo Kamados. Who the hell are they going to sell these to? The Viking model was only (only! lol) $4k
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,188
    That is beautiful.

I will take two please.
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    The price is $8000. That is just for the cooker. That assumes you will be putting into an outdoor kitchen. If you want a stand to put it in, they only (at this point) have a stainless table,cart thing for $3000 more.

It is different from the Viking C4 in that, as I understand it, the Viking just took a Primo round cooker and put SS around it. The Pro Joe is uses a ceramic container made just for this cooker, adds some ceramic fiber insulation around that, and then covers it all with SS.

But yes. Holy Cow. But then I dropped my upper end grill and outdoor furniture store yesterday and you can drop some bucks like that easy on high end grills and islands and tables and such.
    The Naked Whiz
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    I'm always interested in what's new, thanks for the link.
    After a quick scan what I like is the hinge mechanism. They say the lid is 175 pounds alone so the hinge has to be heavy duty I would imagine.
    I would never be able to afford such a cooker, for those that can, this thing could be fun to use. I'd rather have the look and feel of glazed ceramic after all is said and done.
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Too dressy for the Chicken Ranch but I'll check the bank account to see if I have an extra $8k that's not earmarked for something else (like food and shelter). Nope!

I think the 'Girls' would accept her even though she is a bit dressy and probably high-maintenance.

I wonder if she knows how to make a butt better than a $600 Egg?

Spring "Come On Lottery Numbers. Work With Me" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • The Naked Whiz
    I think this cooker is destined more for the folks who buy 1 million (or more) dollar homes and have these elaborate built-in stainless steel grils and side burners and fancy islands etc. etc. etc. I don't see it popping up in middle class homes for dad to do some burgers and chicken on the 4th of July. Check out any high end grill store and you can see how fast you could drop $11K on high end merchandise.
    The Naked Whiz
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Yeah know...that green color just does NOT fit in with the designers color pallet for the outdoor kitchen so let's go all stainless... then we are safe. :laugh:

I'm a traditionalist. Gimme beautiful glazed ceramic, looks better in the long run and has more of the "ancient kamado" look. An artist's viewpoint. ;)
  • The Naked Whiz
    I agree about the appearance of "natural-looking" materials vs. obviously man made stainless steel. That'a also why I like the green of the Egg vs. some of the gaudy colors some cookers come in. But, heck to each his own.
    The Naked Whiz
  • PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Already been done years ago...

[url]stainlessegg.jpg[/url]
  • Hic
    Hic Posts: 350
    and I believe the Viking is just a stainless encased Primo.

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

• ShedFarm
    ShedFarm Posts: 499
    I agree ... and they probably have "staff" that do the cooking on it for them!
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • BigBadger
    BigBadger Posts: 461
    Yeah. I posted about this cooker a few months back... Really for people with this kind of outdoor kitchen and a dumptruck load of disposable cash...

Outdoor-kitchen-plans-and-photos.jpg
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    BigBadger wrote:
    Yeah. I posted about this cooker a few months back... Really for people with this kind of outdoor kitchen and a dumptruck load of disposable cash...

They can keep the cooker, but I'll take a dumptruck load of disposable cash. ;)

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Viking had something very similar with the guts made by primo. You could buy four ceramics for the price though.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    The picture of the draft door looks like Darth Vader's piece. :laugh: Don't think one of those will be in my Christmas stocking
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Ricklesss
    Ricklesss Posts: 391
    I LOVE my BGE, but that is very nice!
    Notice it uses the same thermometer I use! (Tell-Tru 200- 1000) Boy, that's ALL I could afford of it though.... :blush:

I DO wonder, however, what kind of gasket does it use? And what kind of adhesive or attatchement?????

RicklessssssssS in Oregon
  • BananaChipz
    You make a good point. While the price is nuts, perhaps there are elements that can be used on a BGE - like a cool gasket tech, hinge mechanism etc