Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Simple weeknight cook

TailgateTailgate Posts: 56
edited 3:10PM in EggHead Forum
Mrs had a 'procedure' today so I'm cookin'. Spatchcock and simple sides
setup
IMG_0452.jpg
IMG_0453.jpg
here's she is, ready to go, brined and dressed in DP Jamaican Firewalk
IMG_0454.jpg
350 temp for about 70 minutes
IMG_0462.jpg
Kramer, assuming the dinnertime position
IMG_0468.jpg
plated with simple sides
IMG_0466.jpg

Life is good..Mrs doing great and she loved dinner (loves the Egg cause I do most of the cookin' now) thanks BGE. Bob
·

Comments

• Rezen73Rezen73 Posts: 356
    Bird looks really good!
    ·
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    A nice meal indeed! Glad Mrs. Bob is doing great - I'm sure she appreciated this wonderful meal. :)
    ·
  • SlickSlick Posts: 382
    Simple is good! The Egg makes simple cooks great.
    ·
  • BoxerpapaBoxerpapa Posts: 989
    Wow...nice looking bird
    ·
  • TailgateTailgate Posts: 56
    thanks.. can't beat simple! Mrs is fine.. asleep in her chair after long day at surgi-center and great drugs. Kramer the dog is beside her. As I said, life is good.
    ·
  • smbishopsmbishop Posts: 1,082
    Nice looking cook! Yep, I do all the cooking now that we have an Egg..but then, I did most of the cooking before as well...But now she is discovering meat she didn't think she liked before...
    Large, Small, and a LOT of Eggcessories!  Southlake, TX
    ·
  • wkygrillerwkygriller Posts: 408
    The chicken looks great.. We have a Kramer dog too (pembroke corgi). Awesome pets!!! My best friend will be 16 in December.
    ·
  • TailgateTailgate Posts: 56
    wow.. 16? Kramer is 6.. Does your Corgi have an 'attitude'? Ours is a real piece of work.. assertive and very much already the grumpy old man..
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,803
    Great looking cook. Glad Mrs. Bob is doing well after her procedure. Way to take care of her by providing some good egged food.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·