Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bobby Flay's BBQ Addiction

redsrage
redsrage Posts: 16
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did you know Bobby Flay of the Foodnetwork has a new show using the Green Egg? It's on Sunday mornings called BBQ Addiction! He told me on facebook "it's the most amazing pieces of equipment ever invented!"

Comments

• brisket30
    brisket30 Posts: 122
    For the most amazing piece of equipment every I have only seen him use it once.
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Yeah me too. Only on the first show. It wasn't even on the set of the next two shows. It looks to me that he has deals with almost every manufacturer.

Mike
    Omaha, NE

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Just having an Egg on his set doesn't mean he knows how to use it, as evidenced in his first show using it.

Spring "Even Chefs Don't Know Everything About Cooking" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    If "Bob's Dumb A** Grill Company" gave me money to cook on their grill I would do it. :laugh:
    Your right, the network makes money from the sponsors.
    Your only going to see the products willing to pay for the spot.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • BHall235
    BHall235 Posts: 32
    I have noticed that most shows that have/feature an Egg represent it as a "smoker" and dont say anything at all about its other qualities??? We need to unite and get some of the celebs to an eggfest!!!!

Brent and Lisa
    Granbury Tx
  • BB1857
    BB1857 Posts: 131
    I don't think he has any deal with the Big Green Egg. If you look close you will see the name on the handle is blacked out and he also referred to it "the big green cooker" I think. He may have said "big green smoker" but he never said Egg. His loss. He has no idea what he is missing or maybe he knows it's so good that it may make him obsolete as a chef! Haha! B)
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Tell him to sign on here if he wants to learn how to use it. We will help even him! But not Rachel! :sick:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    I bet there would be 1000 eggheads that would love to do a throwndown with Bobby on a BGE. He would loose big time. BAM! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    I've seen three episodes so far and I am not overly impressed. Wish he would use the egg more and show off some of its great qualities. Would be cool to see him do a pizza or something.

Bubba Tim you are so right.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings