Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

My Small Egg on Weber cart - Completed!

SnakePlisskenSnakePlissken Posts: 11
edited 11:11PM in EggHead Forum
A couple days ago I posted my conversion of a Weber frame/table to accommodate my Small Egg. I removed the old weber firebox and all guts. I had to build up the base of the frame so the hinge on the Small would clear the back of the frame. I used some scrap 2x4's and other wood to build the base and the 2 side shelves.
It came out quite nicely. My GF thinks it looks dumb, but I like it! It's much better than the "nest" I had before, which had no working space.

[code]GreenEggonWeberCartCompleted.jpg

Comments

• cookingdude555cookingdude555 Posts: 1,423
    Very interesting, nice job!

John - SLC, UT

Webers, Eggs, Bubba Keg, Smokin-It #3, Blackstones

• FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,675
    Nice Snake, I have almost the exact cart that I already stripped for the mini. Still trying to figure out what to do with my old kettle frame and cart
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    that looks good!
  • Zogman100Zogman100 Posts: 69
    Very Innovative! I'm betting a Weber Gasser never looked better!
  • ChokeOnSmokeChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,905
    SnakePlissken wrote:
    My GF thinks it looks dumb, but I like it!

She doesn't "get it", as many significant others don't. It looks great, nice job!
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• mint-tulipmint-tulip Posts: 171
    Now that is a great way to recycle. Good job and a fabulous idea!
  • WWSisWWSis Posts: 1,448
    Snake, I think this looks great! :) Nothing dumb about it. Good to have some working space and it's a great use of something that would otherwise have probably been in the landfill...
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Recycling rocks!! It's so nice to have work space!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 2,127
    Now that rates pretty high up in the "ingenuity" column! Very nice.

:cheer: :cheer:
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • TRPIVTRPIV Posts: 278
    Recycling at its finest.
  • EgginTigerEgginTiger Posts: 101
    looks great, nice way of recycling & not throwing it in a landfill somewhere
  • EgginTigerEgginTiger Posts: 101
    looks great, nice way of recycling & not throwing it in a landfill somewhere