Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Pizza for dinner! YUM(pic & instruction heavy)

BB1857
BB1857 Posts: 131
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So we made some more pizza tonight and i finally get to prove it. Made an adult piza for me and the wife and a personal pizza for the boy. Cooked at 675 for about 6 mins each. For our pizza i wanted to try something different than red sauce or a white pizza. So i made a avocado based sauce with chicken, cilantro, roasted hot yellow pepper and mozzarella medallions. It came out so good.

Sons's pizza getting ready to go on the Egg. Half pepperoni and half cheese. I let him do the decorating of course.
d81f8d98.jpg
His pizza finishing up on the Egg. Man he loved it.
7f98a88a.jpg
Chicken off the Egg and sliced. This was marinated in Olive oil, lime juice, paprika, coriander, cayenne, and S&P. Grilled for 4 mins a side at 500.
52afa1ce.jpg
Here is the whole wheat dough with the homemade avocado sauce. I started with two avocados wth the meat removed obviously, added two medium tomatos, half an onion, one jalapeno roasted on the Egg, 1/2 cup of chipotle sour cream, dash of cayenne for some more heat, 3 tbls of olive oil, and S&P. Mixed all this in the processor until it was nice and creamy.
05de7243.jpg
Added the chicken and fresh cilantro for color and flavor.
5e5c5d5f.jpg
Added the mozzarella medallions and roasted hot yellow pepper and put it the Egg.
666840db.jpg
Here it is as it finished up after about 6 mins.
b2444f03.jpg

This was so yummy and fun coming up with a new recipe to get away from the norm. Hope you like!

Comments