Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Who To Trust ?

BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
edited 1:44AM in EggHead Forum
well i have exausted all means of finding the smaller cans of 6 in 1 tomatoes. so i figure i will order some online. who do you generally make your online orders for food. i am asking because i usually only order dizzy pig and i trust them a whole lot. especially because i could get in touch with the owner if i had any problems. but since i have never ordered groceries online i figured someone out there woulod know.

thanks

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·

Comments

• vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Terry,

I order direct from the company, Escalon:

http://www.escalon.net/6in1.aspx

I have had great service...I order 2 cases at a time usually....

and sorry to say I did not bring home any Pearl's ...ut they are damn good hot dawgs.... B)
    Good luck...
    ·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    :laugh: :laugh: Kim, I was going to tell him to call you.
    ·
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    thanks kim!!! for the link!! not rubbing in how good the damn dogs are with out bringing samples :angry:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
    Carolina Q gave me a pack of 8 Pearl's with split top buns....we ate them Sunday for lunch....deeelicious... :)

BTW...6 cans of 6-1 is $15 + $1.50 shipping...you can't beat that...
    ·
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,878
    You mean these samples?

DSCN0913.jpg

HOTPEARLSDSCN0920.jpg

Enter your zip code and see what happens.

http://www.pearlmeat.com/locator.html
    ·
  • Bobby-QBobby-Q Posts: 1,993
    Did you check the shipping charges? It used to be about 1.95 for 12 cans delivered 3 day.
    ·
    BJ's in Florida carries them. I plan on getting some when I am at the mini fest in November...they really are good dawgs...
    ·
    show off.. :P

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
    Yep Bobby...6 cans is $1.50 shipping...you are the one who got us hooked...I in turn hooked LC & Mr Bente... :) :woohoo: :lol: :silly: B)
    ·
    thanks again :blink:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
    thanks kim

and richard they did not show any in a 200 mile radius. i think i got a friend comming from conn. i think he can get me some.. and i'm not sharing with kim!!!!!!

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,878
    That is where these are from. I picked up about 20 packs for various eggers. Some even went to San Diego, See what you missed ??
    ·
  • EggscaperEggscaper Posts: 213
    My wife and i order a lot of food items online that the stores decide to stop carrying. We order straight from the manufacture. have not had a problem yet. The only draw back is you will have to buy it in a case as they sell it. Good luck.

Doug
    Dallas,Ga
    ·
    thanks thats good advice. i think i am going to go to my local publix with a can and see if they will start ordering it for me...

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • Judy MayberryJudy Mayberry Posts: 1,616
    Kim:
    When you mentioned cooking your Pearls on the Mini a couple of days ago, that made me cook one for dinner last night! My Salute to Kim. Got it nice and black in a couple of places, the way I like it.

Each dog is so big I can barely finish it. Do they come in smaller sizes, like supermarket hot dogs? I didn't pick them out myself.
    Judy in San Diego
    ·
    :( :S :) ;)
    ·
  • Bobby-QBobby-Q Posts: 1,993
    Heck I stole it from a pizza making web site. Lol. Whatever it is and whoever put it out there, you and the misses know how to take it to the next level and spread the love everywhere.
    ·
  • kmelleckerkmellecker Posts: 331
    Nothing within 200 miles of Augusta, but I can always drive to Atlanta for some Varsity Dawgs...
    ·