Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Who To Trust ?

Options
BENTE
BENTE Posts: 8,337
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
well i have exausted all means of finding the smaller cans of 6 in 1 tomatoes. so i figure i will order some online. who do you generally make your online orders for food. i am asking because i usually only order dizzy pig and i trust them a whole lot. especially because i could get in touch with the owner if i had any problems. but since i have never ordered groceries online i figured someone out there woulod know.

thanks

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

Comments

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Terry,

I order direct from the company, Escalon:

http://www.escalon.net/6in1.aspx

I have had great service...I order 2 cases at a time usually....

and sorry to say I did not bring home any Pearl's ...ut they are damn good hot dawgs.... B)
    Good luck...
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: Kim, I was going to tell him to call you.
  • BENTE
    Options
    thanks kim!!! for the link!! not rubbing in how good the damn dogs are with out bringing samples :angry:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• vidalia1
    Options
    Carolina Q gave me a pack of 8 Pearl's with split top buns....we ate them Sunday for lunch....deeelicious... :)

BTW...6 cans of 6-1 is $15 + $1.50 shipping...you can't beat that...
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    You mean these samples?

DSCN0913.jpg

HOTPEARLSDSCN0920.jpg

Enter your zip code and see what happens.

http://www.pearlmeat.com/locator.html
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    Did you check the shipping charges? It used to be about 1.95 for 12 cans delivered 3 day.
  • vidalia1
    Options
    BJ's in Florida carries them. I plan on getting some when I am at the mini fest in November...they really are good dawgs...
  • BENTE
    Options
    show off.. :P

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• vidalia1
    Options
    Yep Bobby...6 cans is $1.50 shipping...you are the one who got us hooked...I in turn hooked LC & Mr Bente... :) :woohoo: :lol: :silly: B)
  • BENTE
    Options
    thanks again :blink:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    thanks kim

and richard they did not show any in a 200 mile radius. i think i got a friend comming from conn. i think he can get me some.. and i'm not sharing with kim!!!!!!

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    That is where these are from. I picked up about 20 packs for various eggers. Some even went to San Diego, See what you missed ??
  • Eggscaper
    Eggscaper Posts: 213
    Options
    My wife and i order a lot of food items online that the stores decide to stop carrying. We order straight from the manufacture. have not had a problem yet. The only draw back is you will have to buy it in a case as they sell it. Good luck.

Doug
    Dallas,Ga
  • BENTE
    Options
    thanks thats good advice. i think i am going to go to my local publix with a can and see if they will start ordering it for me...

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    Options
    Kim:
    When you mentioned cooking your Pearls on the Mini a couple of days ago, that made me cook one for dinner last night! My Salute to Kim. Got it nice and black in a couple of places, the way I like it.

Each dog is so big I can barely finish it. Do they come in smaller sizes, like supermarket hot dogs? I didn't pick them out myself.
    Judy in San Diego
  • vidalia1
    Options
  • Bobby-Q
    Bobby-Q Posts: 1,994
    Options
    Heck I stole it from a pizza making web site. Lol. Whatever it is and whoever put it out there, you and the misses know how to take it to the next level and spread the love everywhere.
  • kmellecker
    kmellecker Posts: 332
    Options
    Nothing within 200 miles of Augusta, but I can always drive to Atlanta for some Varsity Dawgs...