Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

stew meat

Options
fishlessman
fishlessman Posts: 32,754
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
i have some cubed stew meat, chuck, and was wondering if anyone has low and slowed them on skewers
fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• Chef Wil
    Chef Wil Posts: 702
    Options
    fishlessman,
    never done it but let us know how it works, I prefer beef over pork anytime.

• Mac  in NC
    Mac in NC Posts: 287
    Options
    fishlessman,[p]I did some last weekend for some chili. The chunks absorbed a lot of smoke flavor and were as tough as nails to chew. I had to simmer them in the chili base for about two hours to soften them up to an edible consistency. [p]Mac
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Chef Wil,
    Funny you should mention beef being your favorite. Spring Hen and I stopped at a Biker roadhouse last weekend and I tried their beef ribs. FANTASTIC!!! Half rack... Big, juicy, loaded with meat and just as tender as can be. Three longnecks and a half roll of paper towels later, I was so full I was about to pop but I decided the next time I do ribs on the Egg, it will be beef. If I can make them as good as those were, beef it will be from now on. We'll go there when you visit.[p]Spring "The Other White Meat" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• fishlessman
    Options
    Mac in NC ,
    how long did you cook them for, ive had good luck with beef ribs, but cook them for a good 6 plus hours. was thinking of wrapping them when they get to 175 internal and cooking them up to the 205 like i would for pulled beef. if it fails, off to the freezer for chili at a later date

fukahwee maine

• fishlessman
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    beef ribs are the best,the only draw back is finding good meaty ones around here that arent already cut to indivdual ribs

fukahwee maine