Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

stew meat

fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,127
edited 5:11PM in EggHead Forum
i have some cubed stew meat, chuck, and was wondering if anyone has low and slowed them on skewers
·

Comments

• Chef WilChef Wil Posts: 702
    fishlessman,
    never done it but let us know how it works, I prefer beef over pork anytime.

·
  • Mac  in NCMac in NC Posts: 287
    fishlessman,[p]I did some last weekend for some chili. The chunks absorbed a lot of smoke flavor and were as tough as nails to chew. I had to simmer them in the chili base for about two hours to soften them up to an edible consistency. [p]Mac
    ·
  • Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,696
    Chef Wil,
    Funny you should mention beef being your favorite. Spring Hen and I stopped at a Biker roadhouse last weekend and I tried their beef ribs. FANTASTIC!!! Half rack... Big, juicy, loaded with meat and just as tender as can be. Three longnecks and a half roll of paper towels later, I was so full I was about to pop but I decided the next time I do ribs on the Egg, it will be beef. If I can make them as good as those were, beef it will be from now on. We'll go there when you visit.[p]Spring "The Other White Meat" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,127
    Mac in NC ,
    how long did you cook them for, ive had good luck with beef ribs, but cook them for a good 6 plus hours. was thinking of wrapping them when they get to 175 internal and cooking them up to the 205 like i would for pulled beef. if it fails, off to the freezer for chili at a later date

·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 17,127
    Spring Chicken,
    beef ribs are the best,the only draw back is finding good meaty ones around here that arent already cut to indivdual ribs

·