Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Can I still cook some'en?: A Philly anyone?

JLOCKHART29
JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello My name is JLOCKHART. I used to be a reqular on this forum but I have been working so much over time I may have been forgoten. I still can't spell and may not be able to cook any more but lets find out shall we. The raws:
IMG_0444.jpg

I wanted to do a proper Philly last night as didn't have a lot of time and back at work tonight. Bought a nice fat ribeye and rubed it down well with a mix of ground ginger, cummin, salt and bur ground fresh roasted expresso bean.
IMG_0447.jpg

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

Put it in protective custody while I finished the rest of the cook! :laugh:
IMG_0457.jpg

DSC_0918.jpg

Next up saltaed up the vegs with real butter, alittle EVOO and salt.
IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

Don't forget the shrimps. Can't have a propper Philly with out shrimps!!
IMG_0469.jpg

Melted parvalon and a side of Cheetos :pinch: What could be more triditional?!! :laugh:
IMG_0472.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

Comments

• Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Welcome back, big timer........DELICIOSO ...... as usual........ :lol:
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Oh dear god J, I think you stopped posting right about the time I started, which would have been NOV/DEC. That looks amazing, where did you acquire your cast iron? Online, or in a store? That's my next purchase, I have a dutch oven, now need skillet's. Great looking cook and nice to have another one with more experience then me back on the forum.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    That looks really good. Love the sides. Bet that was one damn good sandwich!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    You have still got it...welcome back. B);)
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Hey Mr. Lockhart, You haven't been around? I never noticed. :whistle: Just kidding. :laugh:

I don't think your egging has changed. Still looks pretty good.

Don't worry I don't know how to spell either. I do spell check though. :)

Been riding any? Not much lately here.
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Ummmm....YES! You've still got the touch! Those philly sammies look great! :)
  • Glad the baby still gets some attention!
    When does the new homestead arrive?
    Does your wife recognize you?
    Time for that second honeymoon before the dog is sleeping in your spot :whistle:
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Yep, you still have the magic touch. You had Leroy drooling with the Cheetos....I can tell where he has been by the orange fingerprints :laugh: Please tell me you guys might make it to Denver on August 6th...sure would be nice to see you again.
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Y.U.M.M.E.E.!!! Gotta have da skrimps. :laugh: Love dem cheetos too! Puppy is lookin good. :)
  • Eggsakley
    Eggsakley Posts: 1,019
    Spot on JL. Gotta have the shrimps and the cheetos cap it off beautifully. Good to see ya back on. Your worlin way too much. :)
  • JLOCKHART29
    Beli saw your post yesterday with the kid watering your bushes. Clasic!! :laugh:
  • JLOCKHART29
    Scott I snagged that skillet at a flea market for a couples bucks, hack sawed the handle then blasted the rusted surface clean, washed and reseasoned it. Walmart or any joint like that sells them reasonable.
  • JLOCKHART29
    Ridding this morning. Problem is it will be at 4am and on way home from work!! :laugh:
    Summer run is off this year within job and new house trailer. Hope to make a run to Orleans before badly weather sits in at least.
  • JLOCKHART29
    Kerri hope to order it next week or so. Been waiting for a little break in work and also Doreen's Mom has pith scan for spot on lung tomorrow. Never smoked so sure its nothing but will feel better once we know for sure. If it is cancer she will have to be traveling up there for her Mom and I can't do all it myself with this job and taking care of farm. Will know in a week.
  • JLOCKHART29
    Judy read my reply to Karri above. Got so much going on there is no way this year. Oklahoma is the only time we have left town this year and for someone like me that likes the open road thats BAD!! Just to many things happen all at once. Just know Doreen and I both miss you both and will see you before long. ;)
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    I'm sorry! Who did you say you were? :laugh:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Le Oeuf Vert
    Le Oeuf Vert Posts: 512
    Sandwich looks awesome! The side is very popular around here also. Glad you had time for a cook and pictures. Thanks for posting and best of luck with everything.
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Blessings to Doreen's mother we'll be thinking good thoughts about her.

You pup looks all grown up. He sure looks good.

At least you riding to work that will save you some money on fuel.

Sounds to me like life is all over you. I think that is a good thing you have work and you are spend money. You will get your new home put in and work out all the kinks then next year maybe you will have more free time.

Have a great work week and blessings to your MIL. :)
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Been thinking you must be busy, gotta be tuff to work so much but it pays the bills. And speaking of bill, did you see his new egg handle lately??? :cheer:
    Glad you are back, you are an amazing chef.
    Cheers and a beer for ya.

Beerforthecook0002.jpg
  • Woodbutcher
    Woodbutcher Posts: 1,017
    The sammie looks delicious but I don't know that we would call that a phillie around these parts. :laugh: Your pup is a beautiful specimen. Man he got big.
  • fire egger
    fire egger Posts: 1,124
    Good to see you post again, great looking Philly ( i think your wearing them down :laugh: :laugh: )
    I hope things slow down for you pretty soon
  • Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Forgotten? No way brother!

Good to see you....hope that your work schedule allows you time to hunt and cook come November!

Love a good looking Philly like yours.....especially with Cheetos! ;)

PS - prayers for the scan to be clear on their way.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Glad to see you posting again. It all looks great 'cept the green peppers. :sick:

Aaron (?) lloks like he's doing great.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Great meal Dean.
    Glad to see your taking good care of my dog. :laugh:
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    You were missed, don't be gone so lone next time.
    You picked up where you left off and your guard dog still is watching the food.
    Nice cook
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Hey JL
    I have only heard about this cook.
    Man, that looks good. I will give this a try
    The pup is huge, been nice seeing him grow up :)

Shane
  • I thought maybe you went underground :)

Nice Philly
  • Lobicho
    Lobicho Posts: 557
    WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    I am hungry
    want some...
    neeed some!!!
    great cooking...
  • Brother my brother! So good to see you again, food looks mahvalous. We'll cook together again soon, say hi to Doreen for Randi and I.

Doug
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Darn good looking Philly. Thanks for the pics and recipe. Definitely on my to cook list.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx