Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

did my first pulled pork last night (help..)

Options
darrott
darrott Posts: 12
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I started the pork at about 11:30am on Sunday... Didnt really know how long it would take... Short story. the pork didnt hit 193 till about 11:00 last night. I wrapped it and put it in a cooler for an hour and then pulled it. I was wondering the best way to reheat it... I wish I would have started it a lot earlier because it tasted so good last night.. live and learn....

Any ideas would be appreciated.

D

Comments

• Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    I've read that some reheat in Zip-Loc bags in simmering water, perhaps with a few splashes of Coke or Dr Pepper. A mix of apple juice & apple cider vinegar might also work.. Good luck!!
  • greendean
    greendean Posts: 50
    Options
    I had a similar problem where I had to reheat. I put it in a casserole dish and put a little diluted bbq sauce in just to keep it moist. I heated it for and hour and a half or so on 200. worked fine.
  • darrott
    darrott Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks, that sounds like it could work...
    d
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    I reheat my pulled pork all the time. Just put it in a zip lock baggie and put it in the microwave for a few mins. on high. It will steam it nicely. Simple! If a few mins. doesn't make it warm enough, a min. or so more won't hurt. I use the big gallon freezer bags. :) No fuss, no muss. No need to add any liquid at all.
  • climbing egg
    Options
    How many pounds was it? Good estimation is about 1.5 hours per pound at around 250 (dome). I usually add a little sauce and re heat my leftovers in the microwave.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Put it in a "FREEZER" ziploc with a little dilluted sauce of your choosing or no sauce at all.Bring a pot of water to a simmer.Put the bag of Q in the hot water til it gets hot.Serve.It will NEVER,EVER be as good as when first pulled but this is close.Good Luck.