Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Egg-citing Egg-cessory

BlueSmokeBlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
At the Ocala EggFest, we saw Charles in SC making mini-pizzas on a griddle. The 10-watt bulb above my head flickered briefly, and upon returning home I scrounged up our griddle. Sure enough, it's great for two fajita-size tortillas topped with sauce and various pizza toppings.[p]When the bulb flickered again, I went to the Lodge web site and found 9OG3, a 10 1/2 diameter griddle just right for our small. Just right, that is, after the handle was cut off and the raw edges ground down. Now Lennie the Small has his very own cast iron griddle. (Incidentally, the price is substantially better at amazon.)[p]Taking the story full circle, last night I fired up the large with griddle in place. I prepared tilapia filets just as I would for pan frying: dredged in flour, dipped in egg wash, and coated with panko crumbs. Onto the 350 degree, lightly oiled, griddle they went, to flip once and come off about crispy and crunchy on the outside and moist and flaky on the inside. (Total time was about 20 minutes.)[p]If you don't have a griddle for your Egg, you really ought to consider adding one to your arsenal.[p]Ken

Comments