Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Egg's home(for now)

Options
BB1857
BB1857 Posts: 131
edited November -1 in EGG Table Forum
Got my first table built a few weeks ago and got it stained this weekend. Nothing fancy but my Egg hasnt crashed to the ground so that's a plus. :) And this one only cost $60 in materials! Waiting on secong egg and then i will figure out my next table plan.
907fcb4d.jpg

Comments

• BarManBean
    BarManBean Posts: 129
    Options
    Nice one...i'm in the process of going the same route as you, trying to put something together that's functional but cheap!

Out of curiosity, what is the height difference between your top shelf and bottom shelf?
  • Rafter R
    Rafter R Posts: 120
    Options
    table looks nice. $60 what kind of wood di dyou purchase. I am well over $300.
  • BB1857
    Options
    Thanks Michael,

17 1/2" from support to support. The boards are sitting on top of the support pieces. I was thinking it could go lower but then I would have had to cut the back out for the hinge.
  • BB1857
    Options
    DR - I just used basic decking lumber. Pressure treated 2x4's and 5/4 board. Nothing fancy this time being it was my first table and i am by no means any master carpenter.
  • Rafter R
    Rafter R Posts: 120
    Options
    I went with Red Oak and will not use it again. It is pretty but it tended to splinter off on the corners along the grain. This was my first project and I learned a lot. Like cut your own lumber to ensure square cuts. I paid the lumber yard a "cutting fee" to get the pieces pre cut. after I started putting it together I found some cuts were not square and others not the right length, which gave me some issues I had to "re-engineer" Next time I will buy full length boards and do it all.

I will post pics of mine if I can get it finished.
  • BB1857
    Options
    Man that sucks DR. I hate when you pay for something that should make your life easier and it turn makes it more difficult. Get screwed twice. I'd like to see it if you get it finished up.