Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Spreading the love this Valentine’s Day with your EGG? Virginia Willis’ three course menu is perfect for a date night! February is also National Chocolate Lover’s Month, so don’t feel guilty if you’ve been cooking a little more dessert than usual on your EGG. If you’re looking for something a little more savory than chocolate, try some Roasted Chicken Flatbread or Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and the Culinary Center too!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Cast Iron - Buyer's Remorse

Chuck222Chuck222 Posts: 67
edited 2:34AM in EggHead Forum
Bought a cast iron pan to make some peach cobbler in the Egg (See below). One problem. I didn't measure the pan before I bought it and turns out, it's a smidge too big for my large Egg (for the lid to close). I'm thinking maybe I could use the Sawzall or a grinder and trim a little off the handle and this baby would fit fine. Any thoughts or suggestions besides buying an XL Egg to go with the skillet?

Cobbler:

IMG_1000000367.jpg

Chuck L

Comments

• PhilsGrillPhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Cut off the handle like everyone else.
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    A couple of minutes work with a sawsall and you are good to go :) :cheer:
  • Hell, I cut mine off with a plain ol' hacksaw. Didn't take but a minute.
  • RRPRRP Posts: 17,397
    been there done that!
    IMG_1641.jpg
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • Chuck222Chuck222 Posts: 67
    Thanks for the suggestions. Nice handles. Could turn 'em into a trivet... ;)
  • WingRiderWingRider Posts: 326
    don't know....sounds like a good excuse for an XL..... :evil:
    I think a Lodge 8-Quart Dutch Oven might be easier to justify than XL Egg, but maybe I'm looking at this all wrong.

B)

Chuck
  • BigjohnBigjohn Posts: 144
    Hey Chuck, what size CI did you buy? I've been looking at the 12 inch skillet and believe it will just fit my large. If it won't, I'll get a larger one and cut the handle.
    Measure from handle to handle. Mine had a C-shape handle on one side and a long, traditional handle on the opposing side. If yours is less than 18-3/4" across you should be fine using it on a Large Egg.

Best,

Chuck L.
  • smbishopsmbishop Posts: 1,343
    trivet - I had to look it up! :laugh:
    Large, Small, and a LOT of Eggcessories!  Southlake, TX