Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Butt Question - multiple butts one cook

Egghead WillieEgghead Willie Posts: 185
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am doing 4 Butts on the large this weekend. I have done them singulary many times with great results. Are they any do's or dont's. Each will be approx 8lbs so I am cooking for 1.5 - 2 hrs per lb regardless of how many butts. Unlike most cooks where its the wife and I this time time I have 40 people coming so I need to make sure these are done on time.
·

Comments

• Rusty RoosterRusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
    If you can set them where they are not touching or will separate once they shrink a bit, really no difference than cooking one. You will have 4 X the drippings ect. but no real difference in cooking. I expect you will have lots of leftovers out of 40# but that may be your plan. You should end up with approx. 1/2 lb. per person starting with 32#.
    ·
  • PhilsGrillPhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Looks like you will be cooking twice as much as you need. Have fun!
    ·
  • civil eggineercivil eggineer Posts: 1,547
    Pull the pork as needed while serving to keep the rest hot and moist.
    ·