Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

boston pie

ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,333
edited 2:37AM in EggHead Forum
The Boston pie is topped with bresaola, shaved pecorino, extra virgin olive oil, black pepper & sliced long hot peppers. The name is in honor of the maker of the meat, & a fine job he did. Seemed sacrilegious to employ it in this manner, but it was fantastic nonetheless.

went old school with the dough with a quick batch of warm rise around mid day today, it was ready to go around 3pm:

002.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

Few minutes later:

011.jpg

016.jpg

Had a little extra basil so pie number 2 featured a pie of basil topped with crumbled goat cheese, olive oil & black pepper

003.jpg

006.jpg

All sliced up & ready to go:

019.jpg

021.jpg

Comments

• Looks delicious!
    Is that from "the traveling basil"
    ;)
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,352
    That braesola looks rancid. Where did you get it?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Only you could make a veggie pie look good :laugh: :laugh:
  • ZippylipZippylip Posts: 4,333
    I lifted all the items from a roaming pack of drunken misfits - the meat rotting minstrel, greasy cheese toting dego & hot pepper packing midget weren’t too smart so it wasn’t much of a trick separating them from their wares
    I have no idea what you're talking about :ermm: :laugh:
    why thank you patrick. Hey, got your message, but apparently the gnome has surfaced so all is well
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,352
    Man,

I just had a couple of slices and it is incredible!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

you know, it would've been better if it was topped with a few thin slices of locatelli that you DIDN'T take with you??????
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    looks wonderful Marc! fun sharing a booth with you sat and watching you work. those were wonderful pizzas you did!
  • ron4fishron4fish Posts: 144
    Both those pies look delicious!!
    Julie, I tiptoed out before getting a chance to thank you for everything. As usual you were a great hostess to not only the crowd but to the ill-prepared cooks like me :whistle: . So thanks for the space, egg, table, utensils, napkins, grid lifter, roof, & probably 6 other things you let me use. It was great hanging out with you again & also meeting your mom, sister and son; you are blessed with a fantastic family for sure.
  • Le Oeuf VertLe Oeuf Vert Posts: 512
    Some tasty looking pies.
  • Rezen73Rezen73 Posts: 356
    Looks awesome. Mouth = watering.
  • Boss HoggBoss Hogg Posts: 1,377
    Zip-Glad to see you made it back with enough energy to cook something. We got back home around 9PM. Pizza looks great...as usual!
    Brian
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    You oughtta be ashamed. :laugh: Another MASTERPIECE!!! :)
  • Gator Bait Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

Great looking pies Zippylip, thanks for sharing. :)

Blair

• Little ChefLittle Chef Posts: 4,725
    Zip...Great looking pies!! Though I think I am rolling in my pre-destined grave to see Artisan Breseola used on a pizza. :blink: Knowing the work behind that Breseola, I hope it was the best 'Za you ever ate! :huh: I am still having a stroke..... :blink: And a message to the 'Meat Man', that is some AWESOME looking Breseola!! ;) Nice job Meat Man!!! :)
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    LC, Jeff arrived at the after pre party with a wonderful plate full of thin thins slices for us to enjoy.. it was heavenly
    Michelle, with all due respect, that is precisely the kind of thinking that stifles creativity. Granted I’m a back yard hack, but if I followed all the ‘rules’ espoused by professionals about food, my circus freak show catalog would not exist.
  • Egg JujuEgg Juju Posts: 658
    Just incredible! My mouth is watering just looking at them.
    Large and Small BGE * www.quelfood.com
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    OK so I know your pizzas are awesome, and I know the Brasseola & Locatelli are awesome...combining the ingredients must have been awesome, awesome, awesome....great seeing you if even for a little while this weekend...you da man.... B) :)
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Both pies look amazing!! :)

Shane
  • WooDoggiesWooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Hey Zip, your pies look fantastic!

Sorry if this has been asked before but would you post or direct me to your recipe of 'quick batch of warm rise' dough and your pizza baking technique for the large? I've been pre-making dough that requires a few days rest in the fridge and would like a more spontaneous dough recipe that works on the egg. Thanks and Cheers!

john
  • LobichoLobicho Posts: 557
    woooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    great pizza
    loved it...
    woooooooooooow
    congrats