Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What a bonus: something was in the mail ;)

Options
haywyre
haywyre Posts: 165
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
DSCF0378.jpg
<p />When I got in today and to much amazement there was a package for my wife from LawnRanger. I was like whats up whit that? Called the wife and she had got me a surprise :) whoooooooweeeeeeee My egg is now bonefied (Easty there Stump Family forum) hehehehe. Its now part of the clan. A big Thank you goes out to my lovely bride TwilleyGirl and Last but not least LawnRanger. [p]My Bride :)
PICT1109.jpg[p]My My egg 3.0 Handle added
DSCF0379.jpg[p]

Comments

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    haywyre,[p]Looks Great! Is TwillyGirl gonna make ABT's at the Texas Eggfest?[p]Cheers,[p]Ed

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Adrian B.
    Adrian B. Posts: 124
    Options
    haywyre, That looks great. I have to get me some LR stuff. [p]Question: Is your egg set up on a golf course? :~D That lawn looks like a putting green![p]

• haywyre
    Options
    PICT2169.jpg
    <p />vr6Cop,
    Well, I put GN-1 Bermuda in the back last year and mow it with a Reel Mower at about half an inch. Thought about going organic but I have had better luck with the Scotts Annual program. The below link is when I setup the back yard. I am hoping to put a putting hole and a Horse Shoe Pit in there somewhere :)

[ul][li]My self Installing the GN-1 Bermuda [/ul]
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    haywyre,
    I'm thinking your back yard is large enough to hold a Pre-Texas Eggfest Warm-Up meeting for the locals. Sure looks good'n clean. TwilleyGirl seems to be in the spirit of Egging. Is a second Egg in the plans?[p]See you in Austin.[p]Spring "Count'n Chicken Toes" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• haywyre
    Options
    Spring Chicken,[p]We are planning on getting a Small at the Texas egg Fest ;)
  • GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Options
    haywyre,[p]I'm impressed. That's a labor of love. Does it need lots O water?

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    haywyre,
    that is beautiful. ...obviously you are not a dog owner LOL. .. .along with the putting green and horseshoe pit, how about a tree for some shade from that hot texas sun??[p]btw, love the old recliner in the corner of the porch there. . .jeff foxworthy was talking about that sort of thing just last night on blue collar comedy hour. .heeeee

• haywyre
    Options
    DSCF0352.jpg
    <p />mad max beyond eggdome,
    I actually have a 4 year old German Shepherd. I planted a Japanese Maple the other day. Lakeview Jasmine and Wisterias surround the outside perimiter. On a breezy day it smells really great. Bermuda Thrives in the Texas Sun, And its handles traffic well too. We love to entertain for friends during the spring and summer . I wanted a grass that could handle it. It works out pretty well. [p]Kenny Chesney may have his old blue chair I hanve my Green one :) It has a little rip on it thats about to get some duct tape to fix it ;)

• haywyre
    Options
    DSCF0364.jpg
    <p />GrillMeister,
    During the summer I water about once a week. I walk through the yard and if it leaves prints it needs water. It is a labor of love that rewards you with its beauty in the end.
    Yard Tip: Take your ashes from the egg and put them in a Fertilizer Drop Spreader. It does wonders for your yard. It may look a little white at first but it will settle, also mix it into your potting soil.

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    haywyre,
    thats great. ..you have a beautiful wife and daughter, big dog, big green egg, big green yard with nice trees....and a big green chair to kick back and enjoy it all in. . ..looks like life is indeed good :-)

• haywyre
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Truly Blessed Indeed <><