Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

incomplete BGE delivery

kevinmac200kevinmac200 Posts: 12
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Edit: Looks like BGE HQ is coming through after all. Please see my last post below.

I've already written to customer support at BGE with no response after a week - ZILCH!!!. Maybe someone here can chime in on what is going on over there?

Problem is that I purchased a medium BGE (my second one - i already own an XL) from BBQ Galore in San Rafael, CA back in April. It was delivered with missing parts to the nest. Sales from BBQ Galore claims that they have had no luck whatsoever over the past 3 months with the regional distributor in making this whole who apparently does not take the situation seriously at all. As much as I really wanted to have this medium egg, I am being forced to return what I do have and getting a refund.

Why does Big Green Egg not take this seriously? I've had enough interaction with the BBQ Galore salespeople to determine that this is not their f(***)-up and indeed they have put in a considerable amount of time and effort to handle this. I'm glad that the store is being completely open to a full refund.

Any other experiences like this from anyone here? Or an idea of why they run the business like this?

Thanks all.

Comments

  • ManfredManfred Posts: 186
    This is bad. I have one question why didn'y the bbq place just give you another nest?
  • eggsrgreateggsrgreat Posts: 86
    Eggsactly. They should have just replaced the nest. I hate terrible customer service. I'd be calling the main plant.
  • Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
     
    The problem shouldn't have been thrown in your lap.

    Wonder why didn't BBQ Galore just give you a different nest or the parts to complete your nest. BBQ G. should have dealt with the problems.

    You say you had written BGE, why not make a phone call. It is possible your email was lost, went to junk any number of things or if letter the same situation.

    I'm not so sure if you should be jumping all over BGE's case over this.

    With that said, if BGE got your email, there should have been some kind of response if even to tell you go go back to the dealer/distributor.

    GG
  • Bear 007Bear 007 Posts: 343
    It took me over 2 weeks to get a confirmation from the mother-ship that my gaskets are on their way. It may take a little while.
  • The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,778
    The problem here is either BBQs Galore or the distributor. Most likely the distributor. If they sent something to your retailer which was wrong, they should fix it. If you call BGE headquarters they will take care of it.
    The Naked Whiz
  • Manfred wrote:
    This is bad. I have one question why didn'y the bbq place just give you another nest?

    BBQ Galore and BGE distributor both said they did not have one available. After 3 months you'd think that one could be made available. This seems to be symptomatic of a distribution problem somewhere in the flow. The lack of any response to the email I sent BGE over a week ago may another symptom.
  • Grandpas Grub wrote:
     
    The problem shouldn't have been thrown in your lap.

    Wonder why didn't BBQ Galore just give you a different nest or the parts to complete your nest. BBQ G. should have dealt with the problems.

    You say you had written BGE, why not make a phone call. It is possible your email was lost, went to junk any number of things or if letter the same situation.

    I'm not so sure if you should be jumping all over BGE's case over this.

    With that said, if BGE got your email, there should have been some kind of response if even to tell you go go back to the dealer/distributor.

    GG

    I'll give BGE the benefit of a doubt and phone them tomorrow. I had one interaction with headquarters when I first purchased the XL about the gasket and they were very responsive to an email I sent and sent me a free Nomex gasket to replace.
    I'll see what a phone call does and report back.
  • The Naked Whiz wrote:
    The problem here is either BBQs Galore or the distributor. Most likely the distributor. If they sent something to your retailer which was wrong, they should fix it. If you call BGE headquarters they will take care of it.
    My gut is telling me it must be the distributor. Funny enough he was at the store when I made the purchase back in April and I spent some time telling him how much I liked my XL and was looking forward to getting the medium one. The store told me that the last communication they had with him, he recommended them to purchase the missing hardware outside but the store rep said that nothing would fit the missing pieces.
    Obviously something's NQR somewhere in the line. Hopefully a phone call to BGE will clear things up. Funny enough I still want the damn thing though my wife is looking forward to having the $ back. :P
  • Bear 007 wrote:
    It took me over 2 weeks to get a confirmation from the mother-ship that my gaskets are on their way. It may take a little while.
    Ah, it's already been close to 3 months and the store's telling me that the distributor is being anything but helpful or forthcoming.
  • BrokersmokerBrokersmoker Posts: 646
    Mine is not a situation that made my egg unusable but I sent an email to BGE about 3 weeks ago, after 2-3 business days with no response I called and got voice mail which I did leave a detailed message.

    The only problem now is that I have not been contacted either way. Seems to becoming the norm instead of the exception. In the past 2 days was tops for an answer at least confirming the contact :S
  • Brokersmoker wrote:
    Mine is not a situation that made my egg unusable but I sent an email to BGE about 3 weeks ago, after 2-3 business days with no response I called and got voice mail which I did leave a detailed message.

    The only problem now is that I have not been contacted either way. Seems to becoming the norm instead of the exception. In the past 2 days was tops for an answer at least confirming the contact :S

    Thanks for your response.

    I am sending Support another email today and will try phoning them directly tomorrow. I'll report back here as to what happens.
    If the company takes steps to rectify the situation, I will gladly accept their help and consider this an isolated though quite prolonged incident. However if they ignore the next email and I cannot reach them on the phone, I'll have to assume something is going on within the company and will note that here as well as a caveat to everyone going forward.
  • Dave ShadyDave Shady Posts: 247
    It really shocks me as a Dealer that your dealers are not just taking care of the customers. I have yet in 3 years to tell any egghead to call BGE.

    If we have a problem with a part or a defective pc we file a claim form with our Distributor and they send me a new part with my next order unless I tell them to ship it now then I pay the UPS even on defectives. They don't ship ceramics via UPS period. As a dealer we have to order a MIN of 8 new EGGS to get freight pre-paid. I wouldn't want to EVER pay freight to get eggs to my business and I know some dealers cant swing 8 in short order and if they don't stock up the eggcessories and stuff they will run out or short before they can next afford a new shipment from the distributor.

    You dealer should of had an extra nest at least to of just given you and delt with it for you. We keep nests, fire bowl, fire rings and even a couple of domes on hand for when things happen the customer is not WAITING.

    Maybe its cause we are a hardware store and we specialize in service the customers that I look at it differently than others.


    The Chain is Dealer goes to Distributor then to BGE.

    Not to have an extra nest come on....... Sorry for your problems it shouldn't be this way. Even my rep from my distributor would of found me a nest from another dealer if that was truly out of STOCK.
  • Dave Shady wrote:
    It really shocks me as a Dealer that your dealers are not just taking care of the customers. I have yet in 3 years to tell any egghead to call BGE.

    If we have a problem with a part or a defective pc we file a claim form with our Distributor and they send me a new part with my next order unless I tell them to ship it now then I pay the UPS even on defectives. They don't ship ceramics via UPS period. As a dealer we have to order a MIN of 8 new EGGS to get freight pre-paid. I wouldn't want to EVER pay freight to get eggs to my business and I know some dealers cant swing 8 in short order and if they don't stock up the eggcessories and stuff they will run out or short before they can next afford a new shipment from the distributor.

    You dealer should of had an extra nest at least to of just given you and delt with it for you. We keep nests, fire bowl, fire rings and even a couple of domes on hand for when things happen the customer is not WAITING.

    Maybe its cause we are a hardware store and we specialize in service the customers that I look at it differently than others.


    The Chain is Dealer goes to Distributor then to BGE.

    Not to have an extra nest come on....... Sorry for your problems it shouldn't be this way. Even my rep from my distributor would of found me a nest from another dealer if that was truly out of STOCK.

    Thanks for the note, Dave.
    As an outsider I'm sure I have no insight into how this is all working inside the BBQ Galore -> Distributor -> BGE chain. I can only go by what the store rep is telling me as I have no access to the distributor and, as I mentioned, have heard no word to date in response to my email in over a week from Customer Support at BGE to say anything otherwise.
    My hope is that BGE will respond to my pleas to fix the situation and then take whatever action they need to look into the situation with the chain between them and customers of BBQ Galore in the SF Bay Area. Unfortunately unless BGE steps up on this, they're going to have one very unhappy customer.
  • Bear 007Bear 007 Posts: 343
    I'm not talking a bought the distributor, Im talking BGE headquarters.
  • Good news all, Bruce Bohannon from BGE has just emailed me to personally assure that I will get my nest delivered directly from HQ. Props to him on that.
    I'll report back once everything is set up and I've started using the new Egg.
    Thanks for all your responses folks!
  • Got the nest today, just like Bruce promised and just in time for the Fourth! Looks like this was a snafu on the distribution end after all. I really hope they follow up with the situation in the Bay Area and BBQ Galore.
Sign In or Register to comment.