Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Which thermo should I trust, Maverick 732 or BGE?

MoscaMosca Posts: 14
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello, new to both tools, the Maverick ET-732 and the Big Green Egg. I'm doing a few racks of ribs right now. The BGE thermo reads 245*, the Maverick digital reads 219*. The Maverick is through a potato about 2-3" off the grate. The racks are set upright in rib holders, indirect with the plate setter upside down.

I didn't calibrate either device. I'm not particularly worried, I know how to save ribs that are cooked at 250* instead of 200-225* (but not ribs cooked at 350*). Is there a consensus that either device is generally off? Left to my own thoughts, I trust the digital, but who knows if "who" doesn't ask!

Thanks,
Tom

Comments