Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Chiminea Issue

Iowa State EggerIowa State Egger Posts: 337
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I hope all of your summers are going well. I had a great fire last night and noticed a problem this morning when I was putting it away. The Chiminea is only about 18 months old. I assume I just need to contact my dealer because this should be under warranty?

100_3773.jpg

100_3774.jpg

It also has these brown spots - happened the first burn so I wonder if it was just defective:

100_3775.jpg

100_3776.jpg

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks
·

Comments

• BajaTomBajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Look farther down in the forum and read the post on a similer problem. Good luck to all
    ·
  • outrageousoutrageous Posts: 525
    there was a post on this last night... i think it said warranty was for one yr only.. but i may be wrong...
    ·
  • PhilsGrillPhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    The brown stuff is normal, clean it off. It's left out in the rain and ceramic will absorb water and it is just oozing out after being heated up.

For the chip, see what your dealer will do. Also check your credit card to see if they add one extra year to the warranty. AMX does and they should cover it.

Otherwise, Hunter Green paint at Home Depot is a real close match. Just use a q-tip and touch it up.
    ·
  • egretegret Posts: 4,018
    Chips of the glaze are not something that is covered under warranty. From BGE web site : "The Big Green Egg does not extend its warranty to chips or cracks of the exterior glaze, which may have occurred after the EGG® was delivered to the dealer or distributor." I'd run it by the dealer and see what he says anyway.
    Here's the link to the warranty page :
    http://www.biggreenegg.com/warranty.html
    ·
  • As always - thank you for all of the reponses. I will touch base with my dealer and see what happens. Have a great Sunday!
    ·
  • mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    i have the same problem but they say it is not warranted!
    ·