Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

JimboBQ's Well Equipped Campsite

Options
JimboBQ
JimboBQ Posts: 197
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
JimboBQCampsite.jpg
<p />Had a great camping trip at Hunting Island State Park, near Beaufort, SC. Notice the Egg in the lower right corner of the photo. One night I got the small up to about 750 degrees and did a couple of Cow Lick Ribeyes. Ummm Gooood! The next night I did a Boston Butt for 18 hours with my BBQ Guru. I got lots of questions in the campground about that green space ship looking thingie! One fellow camper said he'd seen one of them in his neighborhood. I gave him some of the pulled pork I did and he told me when he got home he was going out to buy himself a BGE! I only regret I didn't take any of my Lawn Ranger tools with me. Those steaks were no fun flipping with a little spatula! At least my handle was from the Lawn Ranger. I wonder how many other Eggers are campers out there? I remember Marine Cook was an avid Egger and camper but I never see him here on the forum anymore.....[p]Jimbo[p]
Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...

Comments

• haywyre
    haywyre Posts: 165
    Options
    JimboBQ,[p]Were taking our large the end of this month camping. At the Texas-Eggfest I am picking up a small to make the camping trips a little easier. Maybe I could rent one of those flat bed trailers that have a forklift mounted to the back of them :)
  • HolySmokes
    HolySmokes Posts: 446
    Options
    JimboBQ,
    nice setup! What's the rig... I can't quite make out the lettering or the logo on the truck...[p]Our trailer still needs expanding, since we're trying to squeeze six in (and they keep growing, including me, though at this point mine's horizontal). We do, however, own the spot (hence the shed), so the trailer stays and we head up for the weekend, vacations, and sometimes just overnights. After years of dragging up and down the coast, some fewer times across the country and back, it just seemed easier to find a place to stay.

91C3web.jpg

Still wanting a medium egg to round it out! I haven't had the guts yet to drag the large along. Easier to take foodsavered pulled pork and heat it up :)
    HolySmokes

• JimboBQ
    JimboBQ Posts: 197
    Options
    HolySmokes,
    The camper is a Trail Manor 2720 SL. Perfect for me, wife and our 12 year old daughter. Sort of like a Hi-Lo. Our 21 year old son and 16 year old daughter have other things to do besides camping. It must be an age thing! You're right. Food Saver pulled pork is easy, but you miss all of those strange looks from the other campers. I also enjoy answering questions about the Egg. Where's your campsite? You've fixed it up real nice. I do think you need an Egg there, though![p]Jimbo[p]

Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...
  • Charles in SC
    Options
    JimboBQ,
    I think we live close together, shoot me an email.
    Nice looking setup!

• HolySmokes
    Options
    JimboBQ,[p]I'm looking to upgrade to a 28-30' or so (from the 25' shown, preferably with the bunk setup)... 3x10 year-old boys and a 12yr girl, plus us. I actually looked at a TM-28 with 1 slide a couple months ago... it was not a bad setup, just the wrong price from that particular seller :) [p]The site is in NW Washington (Lake Stevens, if you want a mapquest area),(hence the trees and greenery). I hadn't been introduced to the idea of owning campsites until last year, but with 4 kids 12 and 3x10, we needed something, and in this arena share a 12-acre lake (stocked with trout and bass); two nice swimming pools, three joint clubhouses, multiple sports fields (i.e. baseball, soccor, tennis courts, basketball...);
    all stuck into the middle of a "woodsey area" of the type shown in the photo. Makes for a nice place for us to stay and a great adventure for the kids. AND, to be honest, it was much cheaper than what we'd been looking for, which was 40 acres in the woods.[p]best, HS

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    HolySmokes,[p]You own a campsite...? That's something I haven't heard of before, either, and we're regular campers.[p]Tonia
    :~)

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    JimboBQ,[p]We've been camping since our honeymoon 20 years ago, and always take our eggs. Can't imagine ever camping without them! [p]Tonia
    :~)

• HolySmokes
    Options
    QBabe,
    like I said; I hadn't heard of it before last year. Yes, we own it. There are a few zoning restrictions, but we own the spot you see and we can leave our stuff there to visit when we want. 7x24x365 entry card with 24 hour security. Anyhow, after what we've discovered, we think it's a good thing!
    HS

• Mac  in NC
    Mac in NC Posts: 287
    Options
    QBabe,[p]I saw a show on Outdoor Life Network last summer that showed a campground where the lots started at 250K!!! The place was completelhy sold out. They had a waiting list of folks looking to buy if anyone ever decided to sell. Unreal...[p]My wife and I still just head on out and overnight it in my expedition tent. Early thirties and still without kids so it will have to do for a while. [p]Mac
  • HolySmokes
    Options
    Mac;[p]try a tenth that, and tell me what you think...
    91C3web.jpg[p]yes, I own it. 91C3 as you see it.
    all best, HS

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    JimboBQ,
    big time camper, instead of buying a nice house, i bought 2 camps. one in mass and the other in maine. i still take the time to go camping. in maine there are a few large lakes with campsites that have boat access only. fill my little lobster boat with enough equipment that im almost sunk and head out for the week or weekend. i camp out of a 14x20 foot wall tent fully equiped with a wood stove, water heater, cots etc. would love to bring an egg, but would definetly need a bigger boat. cant have too many boats

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it