Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

brisket question?

Options
greendean
greendean Posts: 50
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am doing my first brisket today and it is coming along nicely. As I anticipate pulling it off of the bge later today, I wasnt quite sure of the best way to serve it. Can anyone offer me suggestions on cutting and then how they serve it. Thanks

Comments

• BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Options
    Seperate the point from the flat. Chop the point because it has more fat then the flat. Slice the flat and serve on nice soft buns with your favorite sauce poured over the sliced brisket. I like sliced onions on my sandwich and I will sometimes put pickles on as well. Good luck to all.
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    From what I've read here, a whole brisket makeup is the flat & point. Is the point what's commonly referred to as the burnt tip, and does it make for tasty nibbles? Been Eggin' for a while but a brisket is something I've yet to attempt. Thanks for any replies!!~~
  • BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Options
    Yes the point is what burnt ends are made. Most will put the point back on the egg for a fewe more hours then chop the point and put in a pan and pour sauce over it. They will then cook a little longer to carmilize the sauce. KC is famous for burnt ends. Good luck to all.
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    slice against the grain, 1/4" thick slices. slice right at/before serving, as brisket can dry fast. best chopped for the younger crew members. t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.