Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

looking for tuna cooking tips

eggfarmereggfarmer Posts: 2
edited 7:32AM in EggHead Forum
tonight I am going to grill a piece of tuna. First time so I need some tips. (cook time, temp, ect.)
thanks
·

Comments

• HossHoss Posts: 14,587
    Be sure to open the can before putting it on the hot grill. :laugh: ;).Dizzy Pig has a Maple butter salmon recipe that a lotta folks rave about.Good Luck. :)
    ·
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,864
    I like to take tuna steaks about 1 1/2-2 inches thick, marinate in soy sauce, ginger, little lemon/lime juice s/p for a couple of hours, roll in black and white sesame seeds. Get a cast iron pan hot like blackened fish, using a little peanut oil sear the tuna on the outside for a few minutes, slice thin and serve with wasabi.
    Marinade, Teriyaki

INGREDIENTS:
    1/2 cup soy sauce
    2 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
    2 Tbs brown sugar
    1 Tbs lemon juice
    1/4 tsp ginger
    1/2 tsp garlic powder

PROCEDURE:
    1 Mix all ingredients together and pour over meat (works well with tuna, any fish, steak, chicken, pork). Refrigerate 8 hours or over night turning occasionally. Grill meat as usual. Sear tuna!

Recipe Type
    Marinade

Recipe Source
    Source: Greg Young, 2010/06/03
    ·
  • I like my tuna just seared with just a little salt and pepper. I usually just torch the outside with my kitchen torch, chill, then slice thinly. Wasabi, soy, sweet chili sauce for dipping.
    ·
  • Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Tuna steak is best cooked hot and fast like a beef steak, a little EVOO and salt and pepper is all you really need. If you like your results you can experiment with different rubs, etc, on your next cook. :)
    ·