Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

looking for tuna cooking tips

Options
eggfarmer
eggfarmer Posts: 2
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
tonight I am going to grill a piece of tuna. First time so I need some tips. (cook time, temp, ect.)
thanks

Comments

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Be sure to open the can before putting it on the hot grill. :laugh: ;).Dizzy Pig has a Maple butter salmon recipe that a lotta folks rave about.Good Luck. :)
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    I like to take tuna steaks about 1 1/2-2 inches thick, marinate in soy sauce, ginger, little lemon/lime juice s/p for a couple of hours, roll in black and white sesame seeds. Get a cast iron pan hot like blackened fish, using a little peanut oil sear the tuna on the outside for a few minutes, slice thin and serve with wasabi.
    Marinade, Teriyaki

INGREDIENTS:
    1/2 cup soy sauce
    2 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
    2 Tbs brown sugar
    1 Tbs lemon juice
    1/4 tsp ginger
    1/2 tsp garlic powder

PROCEDURE:
    1 Mix all ingredients together and pour over meat (works well with tuna, any fish, steak, chicken, pork). Refrigerate 8 hours or over night turning occasionally. Grill meat as usual. Sear tuna!

Recipe Type
    Marinade

Recipe Source
    Source: Greg Young, 2010/06/03
  • Smokin' not stirred
    Options
    I like my tuna just seared with just a little salt and pepper. I usually just torch the outside with my kitchen torch, chill, then slice thinly. Wasabi, soy, sweet chili sauce for dipping.
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    Tuna steak is best cooked hot and fast like a beef steak, a little EVOO and salt and pepper is all you really need. If you like your results you can experiment with different rubs, etc, on your next cook. :)