Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Pork Butt Question - Where's My Bark!?

pfunk1013pfunk1013 Posts: 7
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey folks!
This morning I put a 6.5 lb pork butt on my Egg and have left it going for about 8 hours now. This is only my second attempt at a pork butt. The first one I did turned out fantastic, but when I opened the egg to temp this one I was surprised by what I saw! The bark on my last butt was dark and crusty, but this one didn't seem to bark up much at all. I cooked it in the roasting pan the whole time (ordering my indirect setup from CGS next week, I hope.) Is the pan the reason it didn't bark up .. or is this even a problem? Having some family over for dinner tonight, and hoping I haven't screwed up dinner! The pork is at 182 internal now, so I still have a little time to work. Thanks for any input!

-Pfunk

5870278587_386cd3efe6.jpg
pork2 by pfunk1013, on Flickr

Comments