Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

First Pizza

Austex_EggerAustex_Egger Posts: 153
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Have been itching to cook some pizza in my new egg. Decided to take the easy route and go with pre-made dough and sauce. Picked up some Mama Mary's extra thin crusts and "gourmet" sauce at HEB. For toppings I used:
-Yellow, red and orange bell peppers
-Vidalia onion
-Slice black olives
-Left over chicken and flank steak, marinated and grilled last week for fajitas (one beef and ond chicken pizza).
For spices I used a little Oregano, Basil and Fennel.

First pic just to show my Eggs new home.
101_1780.jpg

Loaded up with Lump. It will be nice when the Egg is a bit more seasoned.
101_1781.jpg

First time for the pizza stone and plate setter. decided to use the Eggs feet under the stone. Will experiment going forward, based on reading, not sure if this makes a difference.
101_1782.jpg

Decided on 550 and see what happens.
101_1784.jpg

Ready to go in.
101_1785.jpg

Lookin' good!
101_1786.jpg

First one out.
101_1787.jpg

Second... Done
101_1789.jpg

Both came out very well! BGE makes things easy! Will be experimenting a lot with pizza, but for the first time, these were great!

Comments