Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

how many ribs fit on the medium?

SmkyJSmkyJ Posts: 17
edited 4:52AM in EggHead Forum
I am looking to cook the max amount of ribs i can on my medium. Any hints advice or warnings? I have the v rack. id like to get 4 as the mothership says will fit but i think that may be an exaggeration....
Thanks gang!
jeff
·

Comments

• SSN686SSN686 Posts: 2,970
    Morning Jeff:

Did six slabs back when I had a medium...CLICK here for the link

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

·
  • ShedFarmShedFarm Posts: 499
    Howdy, Jay!

Is the rib rack you used the "Master Forge Chrome Potato and Rib Rack" from Lowe's?
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
    ·
  • SSN686SSN686 Posts: 2,970
    Morning Barbara Jo:

Yes it is...I actually have two of them, but haven't used either one in quite some time (since I got the adjustable rig from Tom)...but that rack did a great job that day!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

·
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    If I can do 3 racks on a small you can surely fit 4 on a mini. :whistle:

Here is what I would use on the small, half them and then lay two halves across the top. That medium is a much larger cooker and shouldn't be a problem.

e6950343.jpg
    ·
  • Gator Bait Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

Baby backs or spares? ;)

Do you have a lot of eggsperiance with cooking ribs or is this a first?

Blair

·
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Show'em, Blair! B)
    ·
  • Gator Bait Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

Hahahaha, OK Adam . . .
    DSCN7876A_640.jpg

I only do 3 racks cut in half. I have done more and arranged them like Jay but didn't think it was worth the hassles when I had to rearrange everything due to hot spots in my medium egg. I have only done baby backs, spares are larger and I am no help there. :)

I think THIS POST is the last and best ribs I have cooked. :cheer:

Did I do OK?

Blair

·
  • FSM-MeatballFSM-Meatball Posts: 215
    I did 4 racks easily. Used a BGE rib rack. 2 full, uncut racks in the center and the other 2 racks cut in half on the outside. I probably could have gotten 2 more racks squeezed in.
    ·