Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

how many ribs fit on the medium?

SmkyJSmkyJ Posts: 17
edited 2:08PM in EggHead Forum
I am looking to cook the max amount of ribs i can on my medium. Any hints advice or warnings? I have the v rack. id like to get 4 as the mothership says will fit but i think that may be an exaggeration....
Thanks gang!
jeff
·

Comments

• SSN686SSN686 Posts: 2,956
    Morning Jeff:

Did six slabs back when I had a medium...CLICK here for the link

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

·
  • ShedFarmShedFarm Posts: 499
    Howdy, Jay!

Is the rib rack you used the "Master Forge Chrome Potato and Rib Rack" from Lowe's?
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
    ·
  • SSN686SSN686 Posts: 2,956
    Morning Barbara Jo:

Yes it is...I actually have two of them, but haven't used either one in quite some time (since I got the adjustable rig from Tom)...but that rack did a great job that day!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

·
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    If I can do 3 racks on a small you can surely fit 4 on a mini. :whistle:

Here is what I would use on the small, half them and then lay two halves across the top. That medium is a much larger cooker and shouldn't be a problem.

e6950343.jpg
    ·
  • Gator Bait Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

Baby backs or spares? ;)

Do you have a lot of eggsperiance with cooking ribs or is this a first?

Blair

·
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Show'em, Blair! B)
    ·
  • Gator Bait Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

Hahahaha, OK Adam . . .
    DSCN7876A_640.jpg

I only do 3 racks cut in half. I have done more and arranged them like Jay but didn't think it was worth the hassles when I had to rearrange everything due to hot spots in my medium egg. I have only done baby backs, spares are larger and I am no help there. :)

I think THIS POST is the last and best ribs I have cooked. :cheer:

Did I do OK?

Blair

·
  • FSM-MeatballFSM-Meatball Posts: 215
    I did 4 racks easily. Used a BGE rib rack. 2 full, uncut racks in the center and the other 2 racks cut in half on the outside. I probably could have gotten 2 more racks squeezed in.
    ·