Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

komodo kamado

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in Forum Feedback
I know the price is steep for a kk however what are the most important differences between the bge and an kk. I've had the large bge before and found the brackets invariably needing adjusting and wished the bge gasket would come with the high temp rated type. The kk has a lower grate allowing for searing while the bge has the upper main grate and an additional higher grate. Is this a factor that makes a difference? Is anyone have info as to the differences in material quality of the grill itself, the steel grates, the hinge systems, etc. I,m now trying to be negative towards the bge as I said I've owned one and was happy with it. I just want to look at all products available and compare before I purchase. Finally I'm looking into this because I sold my home recenlty and the bge went with the sale and i'm having a home built which will include an outdoor kitchen. I intend to have a gas and bge type grill and am trying to be dilgent in my choice.

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    This forum is your best assistant. With a large BGE you can get a spider and a smaller grate and lower the area to just above the coals for steaks and great sears.
    TOOO many benefits. My large has been around since '02 and just last year I changed the gasket. Only 'cause I had it apart for fixing my table. Have the old scissor hinge and never a problem.
    Live in Florida near the ocean and no rusting problems with a cover. Same cover has been on it and table since "06.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Richard, thanks for the info. Do you have personal info on the kk and what it's positives and negatives are? What positves or negatives make the bge the best choice?