Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Attn Little Steven (or if anybody else can help!)

Options
jimi1234
jimi1234 Posts: 101
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I posted a couple questions on your stuffed tenderloin here:

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&Itemid=112&func=view&id=1112289&catid=1&limit=24&limitstart=24

I noticed the post does not bump to the top of the board even with a new update so I thought it might get lost.

Thanks,
Jimi

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    This forum...by default, only shows the last 3 days of posts...
  • Bear 007
    Bear 007 Posts: 382
    Options
    Just bookmark it
  • jimi1234
    Options
    I did bookmark it but I had a couple specific questions that I tacked on the end today.
  • Bear 007
    Bear 007 Posts: 382
    Options
    I thought the whole post came back, I guess I don't understand sorry.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    i think he is travelling. you want the pork to hit around 140 but with all the moist ingrediants he has in there it wont be bad if you over cook it a little, internal temps are hard to monitor with these. notice the meat is all exterior the way he rolled it up, it will cook more evenly that way. dome shut is how i would cook it
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    jimi: We do ours about 375* dome, direct, lid closed, turning frequently for even browning. As far as the internal temp, as long as any meat component to the stuffing is pre-cooked, you can pull based on the temp of the tenderloin. (In other words, if you're going to put hamburger or sausage inside, precook it first.) Per Steves recipe, he used cured meats, so they are already cooked. Pork is absolutly safe at 137* internal temp. I would pull at 137* (or no higher than 140*). Allow a minimum 5 minute rest prior to cutting. (10 minutes would be better)
  • jimi1234
    Options
    Hi all,

Much obliged. Sounds like the stuffed one could actually be done before my regular tenderloin since the pork is pretty much all on the outside and pounded out thin. I followed his recipe using the cured meats in the middle.

Can't wait!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,476
    Options
    I just did my first stuffed tenderloin this afternoon, pulled them at 140 but a quick check with my Thermapen showed 150 on the narrower ends :blink: but they were juicy nonetheless. :)

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• PhilsGrill
    PhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Options
    You can change your settings so it bumps to the top for all new post.

Select Member/Edit my Profile:

Thread order: Active thread first. Voilà!
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    Phil: I use the same view. It's my understanding they will only pop to the front if the thread is 3 days old or less. The post jimi tried to post to was posted in April. So regardless of what view he was using, the thread will remain buried. So Voila, not in this case! :)
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Hey smarty pants! That's a thread from last year :laugh: :laugh:

wouldn't survive a second around here
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    jimi,

Sorry, I haven't been been on for a few days. I usually lay the stuffed loin diagonal to the grid and roll it a bit every little while. If there is nothing raw in the stuffing I cook til the pork is about 145*. If there is a lot of cheese I'll get the stuffing to about 130* or thereabouts.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON