Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Spaghetti

Chuck222Chuck222 Posts: 67
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was pleased when my daughter told me she would be home for dinner. The kicker was she had one request. She wanted to make sure I wasn't going to cook dinner on the Egg. She needed a break from all the BBQ we've been eating lately and asked if we could just have something simple. You know, like salad and spaghetti. So I said sure. No problem and then proceeded to fire up the Egg.

We had spaghetti and meatballs (tomatoes, onions, garlic and meatballs from the sauce were cooked/smoked on the Egg).

You probably are all way ahead of me here but I was pleasantly surprised how flavorful the spaghetti sauce was when some of the veggies are fire-roasted on the grill.

Definitely a repeater.

Veggies for sauce:
veggies_grilled.jpg

Meatballs from the grill, added to veggies:
spaghettisaucefixings.jpg

Dinner is served:
spaghetti_plated.jpg

Chuck L.

Comments