Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

1 Yr Old Lrg for Sale in My Town, Good Deal?

loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 3,673
edited 12:51AM in EggHead Forum

• Bubba Tim would suggest that a fair price would be around 650 for a year old large. Thats what he''s asking. Better deal if you can talk him down some.

• TnVolKenTnVolKen Posts: 198
    not a bad deal at $650, I'd offer $550 and see what he says.
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 4,261
    Really depends on "obo".
    Demo for "about" the same is around $750.00 and would be new and covered by warranty.
    Demo would also have new SS grid and new Tel-Tru temp.
    I think it might be good deal compared to walk into dealer price but Demo prices are hard to pass up.
    Take care,
    Thank you,

Galveston Texas
  • Morro Bay RichMorro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    When someone says demo price is $750 that is without the shelves, without added tax, without the electric starter and without the half bag of BGE lump.
    What is included in Demo prices will change from place to place as well as tax rate. There are places where no tax is collected.
    Thank you,

Galveston Texas
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Also an upgraded nest and fire grate. The new nests have an additional cross brace in the back and caster locks on the front. The new cast iron fire grate is twice as thick as the original one. Things huge!
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 8,947
    The demo price for a large at the New England Fest this weekend is $639. Includes: egg, eggnest, grill gripper, ash tool, box of fire starters, and bag of charcoal. As I recall, NH has no sales tax. Too late to get one there now, but there are other fests.

If you’re afraid of butter, use cream.    Julia Child

Central Connecticut 

Cool, the new fire grate I did not know about.
    Thanks Adam.
    Thank you,

Galveston Texas
  • windnsea26windnsea26 Posts: 87
    I just passed one up in San Diego last week. It was 1-2 years old, came with a table and almost the same stuff you mentioned. He was willing to take $700. I ended up passing cause I wanted one with a warranty.
  • crghc98crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    for that price I'd hold out for one with a warranty - ie look for a demo...

I'd probably take it for 550 though....
  • KailasKailas Posts: 146
    So I took a look at some pellet smokers.

Anyone up for a mod for a BGE and make a pellet feeder for it?

Could be kinda cool
  • TRPIVTRPIV Posts: 278
    Offer him 550 and try to meet somewhere between 550 and 600.