Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Picnic Roast round 2

Options
James
James Posts: 232
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I did another Picnic roast this weekend. I did one last weekend that didn't work out. I took the advice of Wise One and gave it another shot.[p]This one is looking a lot better. The dome temp held at ~240 all night long, and this roast looks A LOT better than the one last week, when I had a temp surge. I also used a drip pan this time filled with water, apples, garlic and onions. I don't know if the stuff in the drip pan helped the flavor of the meat, but it sure smelled great![p]I'm going to pull it in about 20 minutes. Hopefully, I can take some pix. I have high hopes for this one.[p]

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    James,
    Let me warn you about some of the under-handed people who post on this board. When you post about something that you have cooked which sounds delicious, but you express doubts about it turning out right, some people here will tell you that it is bad, dangerous and terrible stuff that you have cooked. They will tell you to immediately save yourself and your family from certain doom by sending the food to them. Do not trust these people. They are liars. You are actually supposed to send this bad, dangerous and terrible picnic roast to me. I'm not kidding. :-) <----(Smiley face indicating that I'm telling the truth! Well, almost....)[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • James
    Options
    James,[p]
    Well unfortunately the digital camera has dead batteries.[p]However, I have pulled the picnic, and it is Great. The Wise One was right when he suggested that I ruined the last one.[p]Thanks to everyone for the advice last week. I'm sorry there are no pix, but this picnic roast is really, really good.[p]It is amazing how different it is when you do it right.

• James
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,[p]Hmm. this post sounds familiar. [p]Sorry, but you are too late. I have already eaten a good portion of it. (I seem to pull and eat at the same time when it is good)[p]Hopefully, I will survive. :-)[p]