Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Last Night's Salmon Dinner

jaymag_87jaymag_87 Posts: 108
edited 5:45AM in EggHead Forum
So...The wife and I picked up a couple small Salmon Filets to cook on the Mini. After prepping them and the mini, I decide to check the forum for cooking suggestions. Since it was way too late to prep the Cedar Planks (we were hungry and ready to eat), I decided to go the Playing with Fire and Smoke direct cook. Had to lower the temp on the Mini, which took some time. Oops. :whistle:

We used our usual homemade rub with extra Brown Sugar.

"Honey, the Salmon is On."
salmonjuston.jpg

Cooked it for about 15 minutes with a Dome Temp around 350. When I temped them, the internal temp was 180 and rising. :blush: Strangely, they weren't over-cooked. I must have temped them wrong. :ermm:

"Honey, Salmon's done!"
sdone.jpg

After a brief rest, things are ready to go.

sontheplate.jpg

Yummy, Salmon Salad.

"Honey, Let's eat!!"
salmonsalad.jpg

Comments

• MemphistideMemphistide Posts: 207
    that looks great!
  • danny285danny285 Posts: 360
    That Looks great , I would like to try Salmon
  • Austin SmokerAustin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    danny285 wrote:
    That Looks great , I would like to try Salmon

Not sure why this is the first time I've noticed Danny, but not many folks around here from Carlisle.

My duck camp South of Carlisle about 10 miles, almost to Humnoke. Been hunting there for years and have really gained an affection for that part of the world.

Unfortunately, our house flooded this past spring, so I'm spending time up there working on the house quite a bit.

Anyway, just had to drop a note...
  • skihornskihorn Posts: 600
    That looks good! BTW, I always cook direct (on a fish grid) and absolutely love the salmon. It may be my families favorite on the Egg and that is saying a lot. I tried the planks once and it just didn't do it for me.

Freddie
    League City, TX
  • LobichoLobicho Posts: 557
    yum yum yum
    delicioso
    great job
    congrats
  • smoky bsmoky b Posts: 648
    I've become a big salmon fan. With enough sugar you can make it taste like candy too! I'm partial to the cedar plank though.