Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New Egg

Chuck222Chuck222 Posts: 67
edited 6:16AM in EggHead Forum
I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying my new Egg that I picked up at the Smitty's EggFest this past weekend. In the interest of keeping the temperatures low until the gasket is properly seated, I prepared some fire-roasted salsa from a post I saw on this site. I also fixed some chicken fajitas and cooked the tortillas on the grill (pre-made tortillas from Costco). Used some pecan chunks for smoke. The temperature stayed at 400 degrees pretty consistently unless I opened the lid. Very yummy. My kids and wife definitely approved.

Ingredients on grill:

IMG_1000000292.jpg

Finished salsa:

IMG_1000000338.jpg

Fajitas:

IMG_10000003452.jpg
·

Comments

• BB1857BB1857 Posts: 131
    Man that looks yummy...Congrats on your new purchase.
    ·
  • Rezen73Rezen73 Posts: 356
    Looks awesome, and congrats on the new egg!!
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,420
    Wow. Good food / Good pictures. You are a keeper friend.....
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • thechief96thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Very nice Chuck. Congrats on your new egg. Glad u enjoyed the eggfest, we did too.
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
    ·
  • rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    Chuck it all looks great!! Enjoy the Egg it will treat you right.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
    ·
  • LobichoLobicho Posts: 557
    yum yum
    great looking salsa and fajitas!!!
    congrats
    ·
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,353
    A toast to you, yours, and your new found source of culinary delights!! 8 - ),,,
    ·
  • Look like you've got it already. Good luck, don't be shy with the questions and pictures.

Doug
    ·
  • Chuck222Chuck222 Posts: 67
    Thanks to all for your kind words and for sharing your successes and failures. I will do the same.

Best,

Chuck
    ·
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Congrat Chuck
    Everything looks great
    Keep the pics coming :)

Shane
    ·
  • Austin SmokerAustin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Salsa looks PHENOMENAL!! Nothing like roasted veggies going into salsa. Mmmm.....

And WELCOME aboard, glad to have you here.
    ·
  • Chuck222Chuck222 Posts: 67
    It is pretty habit-forming. I add lime,, s +p, cumin and cilantro at the end. I was looking for a little to add to a quesadilla for lunch today and somebody wiped it out. Need to make more I guess.
    ·