Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

New Egg

Chuck222Chuck222 Posts: 67
edited 2:10AM in EggHead Forum
I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying my new Egg that I picked up at the Smitty's EggFest this past weekend. In the interest of keeping the temperatures low until the gasket is properly seated, I prepared some fire-roasted salsa from a post I saw on this site. I also fixed some chicken fajitas and cooked the tortillas on the grill (pre-made tortillas from Costco). Used some pecan chunks for smoke. The temperature stayed at 400 degrees pretty consistently unless I opened the lid. Very yummy. My kids and wife definitely approved.

Ingredients on grill:

IMG_1000000292.jpg

Finished salsa:

IMG_1000000338.jpg

Fajitas:

IMG_10000003452.jpg

Comments

• BB1857BB1857 Posts: 131
    Man that looks yummy...Congrats on your new purchase.
  • Rezen73Rezen73 Posts: 356
    Looks awesome, and congrats on the new egg!!
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 17,590
    Wow. Good food / Good pictures. You are a keeper friend.....
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• thechief96thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Very nice Chuck. Congrats on your new egg. Glad u enjoyed the eggfest, we did too.
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • rsmdalersmdale Posts: 2,472
    Chuck it all looks great!! Enjoy the Egg it will treat you right.

GOOD EATS AND GOOD FRIENDS

DALE
  • LobichoLobicho Posts: 557
    yum yum
    great looking salsa and fajitas!!!
    congrats
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,476
    A toast to you, yours, and your new found source of culinary delights!! 8 - ),,,
  • Look like you've got it already. Good luck, don't be shy with the questions and pictures.

Doug
  • Chuck222Chuck222 Posts: 67
    Thanks to all for your kind words and for sharing your successes and failures. I will do the same.

Best,

Chuck
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Congrat Chuck
    Everything looks great
    Keep the pics coming :)

Shane
  • Austin SmokerAustin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Salsa looks PHENOMENAL!! Nothing like roasted veggies going into salsa. Mmmm.....

And WELCOME aboard, glad to have you here.
  • Chuck222Chuck222 Posts: 67
    It is pretty habit-forming. I add lime,, s +p, cumin and cilantro at the end. I was looking for a little to add to a quesadilla for lunch today and somebody wiped it out. Need to make more I guess.