Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Nachos on the xl....

mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
edited 1:37AM in EggHead Forum
My newest addition the primo oval xl, joining the 2 large eggs,the mini and the bge chimnea.
Man this thing is huge....here are 2 cedar planked nachos and some homemade sausage I made,couple is deer,then some moose and 2 are goose/partridge mix.
Meal was really good, and the experience so far with the oval is pretty much the same as the egg. Kinda gets to temp a bit faster but it is way bigger and has way much more lump so that is probably the reason. So far i am satisfied with my decision.

IMG-20110621-00043.jpg
·

Comments

• FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    I knew there had to be some moose in there somewhere :whistle:
    Hope things are good for ya,,, did you ever get to try the wing hangers?
    ·
  • mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    sure did i use them to do drumsticks. Again thanks for sending them to me!!
    ·
  • iBeeSmok'niBeeSmok'n Posts: 270
    Great looking planked nachos Mike.
    ·
    Thanks and they tasted soooo good with the cold beer i had waiting in the fridge!! ;)
    ·
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,406
    Nice looking meal Mike. The sausage I'm pretty sure I would love. :laugh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    ·
    the sausage are ok , i need to tweak the spice mix in them i find they are missing that little kick.
    ·
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    You have a lot of real estate there Mike. Awesome. Great looking cook. ;)
    ·
    thanks this thing is huge!! it took a full 20lb bag of lump. :blink:
    ·
  • Dave ShadyDave Shady Posts: 247
    how many square cookin inches you gain by going with "that" brand anyway? VS BGE XL
    ·
    not sure but the shape is what made the final decision.oval shape accomodates better briskets,ribs,planking......
    ·
  • LobichoLobicho Posts: 557
    wow...
    tasty looking nachos!!!
    great job
    ·
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Hey Mike
    Those nachos sound killer
    Nice job :)

Shane
    ·
    trust me they were delish , if ya ever do make it down remember to look me up so you can come over for a few cold ones and some egging.
    ·
    the cedar planks add a some what sweet aroma and taste to the chips
    ·
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Will do Mike
    Same goes for you :)

Shane
    ·