Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Nachos on the xl....

mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
edited 5:08AM in EggHead Forum
My newest addition the primo oval xl, joining the 2 large eggs,the mini and the bge chimnea.
Man this thing is huge....here are 2 cedar planked nachos and some homemade sausage I made,couple is deer,then some moose and 2 are goose/partridge mix.
Meal was really good, and the experience so far with the oval is pretty much the same as the egg. Kinda gets to temp a bit faster but it is way bigger and has way much more lump so that is probably the reason. So far i am satisfied with my decision.

IMG-20110621-00043.jpg

Comments

• FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    I knew there had to be some moose in there somewhere :whistle:
    Hope things are good for ya,,, did you ever get to try the wing hangers?
  • mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    sure did i use them to do drumsticks. Again thanks for sending them to me!!
  • iBeeSmok'niBeeSmok'n Posts: 270
    Great looking planked nachos Mike.
    Thanks and they tasted soooo good with the cold beer i had waiting in the fridge!! ;)
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Nice looking meal Mike. The sausage I'm pretty sure I would love. :laugh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    the sausage are ok , i need to tweak the spice mix in them i find they are missing that little kick.
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    You have a lot of real estate there Mike. Awesome. Great looking cook. ;)
    thanks this thing is huge!! it took a full 20lb bag of lump. :blink:
  • Dave ShadyDave Shady Posts: 247
    how many square cookin inches you gain by going with "that" brand anyway? VS BGE XL
    not sure but the shape is what made the final decision.oval shape accomodates better briskets,ribs,planking......
  • LobichoLobicho Posts: 557
    wow...
    tasty looking nachos!!!
    great job
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Hey Mike
    Those nachos sound killer
    Nice job :)

Shane
    trust me they were delish , if ya ever do make it down remember to look me up so you can come over for a few cold ones and some egging.
    the cedar planks add a some what sweet aroma and taste to the chips
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Will do Mike
    Same goes for you :)

Shane