Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

New EggHead Here....Here's my first two cooks

Colorado JeepColorado Jeep Posts: 2
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello Everyone,

My name is Eric and I live in beautiful Colorado.

Every year, my Boss has a BBQ at his house. And he stands behind his Traeger. I was very very close to purchasing a Traeger......until someone introduced me to the BGE. And let me tell ya'...I'm glad they did!

I got a brand new, large Egg, a nest, plate setter, pizza stone, and a bag of charcoal out the door for $815 :woohoo:

DSC00559.jpg
DSC00561.jpg

My first cook was some pork shoulder boneless ribs. They came out OK, I was mainly using them as "practice" to get the hang of regulating temps. I did these at 300* for about two and a half hours.

DSC00566.jpg

Tonight I cooked up some meatloaf, and it was pretty good! I'll have to try this one again soon. Did this at 350* indirect for one hour.

DSC00570.jpg
DSC00571.jpg

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know everyone. B)

-Eric

Comments