Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last Week's Cook

Options
fasteddiem
fasteddiem Posts: 212
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well finally got around to posting some pictures from last weeks cook. First, here is a picture of my egg with new BBQ toolsDSC08082.jpg
I made some ABT's for the first time. Holy Moly! Sooo good! Filled them with Cream cheese, chorizo, and salt and pepper and wrapped in bacon from a my local butcher who makes and smokes on site. DSC08083.jpg
Followed up with my first Spatchcocked chicken...Maiden voyage on new AR using direct heat at 350. I will be doing this again! DSC08085.jpg
Who knew chicken could be so moist without having to brine! Can I just tell you...I love my EGG!!

Comments

• Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Options
    Nice Job FastEddie
    Everything looks great :)

Shane
  • transversal
    transversal Posts: 719
    Options
    Eddie, I did 3 hens yesterday on my LBGE using my AR. We only finished one of them yesterday, as there were many other items on the menu. Tonight, had the kids and grandkids over for usual Monday night fare and we reheated the remaining two hens. They were every bit as good tonight as last. One thing about stuff done on the egg.....nothing....and I mean NOTHING.....seems to go to waste. I love my egg, too.....but even more so since I got my AR.
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    I love my egg too! It amazes me all the time....your chicken and ABT's look quite good. Keep on eggin! :)
  • fasteddiem
    fasteddiem Posts: 212
    Options
    The AR is great...I'm planning a big cook for 4th weekend and I'm really looking forward to having the additional space for the entire meal...unlike memorial day, I won't have to use my old gasser! Well maybe I'll use it to "hot-hold" that which I cook on the EGG!

Now I'm just figuring out what to do on my Spider!
  • Harley Butts
    Options
    I'm relatively new to the BGE - what's an AR??
  • Lobicho
    Lobicho Posts: 557
    Options
    who does not love their egg???
    Great Job dude...
    Everything look delicious..
  • transversal
    transversal Posts: 719
    Options
    The AR is an Adjustable Rig which is distributed by Ceramic Grill Store. It is a flexible tiered cooking system that really expands the capacity and versatility of the Egg. See Adjustable Rig on the site for the Ceramic Grill Store.