Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Smoothie du Jour

Frank from HoumaFrank from Houma Posts: 5,755
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Doctor said I needed more fruits in my diet B)

Mango, strawberry, banana smoothie should do
IMG_7433800x600.jpg

Fruits into the beast
IMG_7436800x600.jpg

Milk, rum, and ice go in
IMG_7437800x600.jpg

Action shot :woohoo:
IMG_7440800x600.jpg

Cherry garnish. One for me and one for my bride of 38 years :)
IMG_7442800x600.jpg
·

Comments

• Susan EgglaineSusan Egglaine Posts: 2,430
    Please make another batch, I would like one :)
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,304
    Now that is the correct way to get your daily serving of milk. :lol:
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·
  • WWSisWWSis Posts: 1,448
    An excellent way to get your fruits I'd say! :laugh: Congratulations on 38 years - very impressive indeed! ;)
    ·
  • Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,671
    Did I hear you say Rum???

Dr Oz said we need more fruit in our diet. I think your recipe fills that need very well.

I take it that you're using prescription rum.

Spring "Rum Unscrambles Your uh uh (the thing sitting on your shoulders) Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
    ·
  • WoodbutcherWoodbutcher Posts: 1,004
    Prescription Rum! Love it. :woohoo:
    ·
  • EmandM'sDadEmandM'sDad Posts: 648
    I start every day with a smoothie. Tomorrow I use your recipe!!!
    ·
  • ranger rayranger ray Posts: 812
    where's the best place to get a deal on a vitamix....?????? thanks! ray......
    ·
  • ranger rayranger ray Posts: 812
    where's the best place to get a deal on a vitamix....?????? thanks! ray......
    ·
  • Not really sure where it ame from - it was a present from my bride.
    ·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Frank, Kim and I have been having smoothie breakfasts for the last year and a half. I use frozen fruit and make them in the afternoon putting the blender carafe in the fridge so its ready for blending first thing in the morning. I use 3 oz each of soy milk, acai juice, and another fruit juice along with a handful of blueberries, strawberries, pineapple, peaches, and bananas. My cardiologist told me to frame my cholesterol results and hang them on the wall and don't come back to see him for a year. I'd like to think the smoothies played a part in that. -RP
    ·
  • Last night's smoohie included frozen strawberries and bananas (that we froze) but the mango was fresh. Have a bunch of frozen mangos that we peeled and put up as well.

Had to google Acai - we'll try it out for breakfast (without the rum of course).

Any particular reason for soy milk? We usully use skim milk.
    ·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    I got the recipe from a good eats eppisode, here's the link. -RP

·