Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

HELP Breakfest Burrito

EggscaperEggscaper Posts: 213
edited 3:46PM in EggHead Forum
At the 2009 Eggtoberfest, someone made breakfast burritos in the AM. Need to know ingredients and the procedure to put them together. I believe he cooked them in a wok on the egg.

Doug
Dallas, GA
·

Comments

• BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    i think that was pork butt mike!

or maybe he did those in 08

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,875
    Can not find the EGGfest '09 burritos in the master recipe file for the event, but these look mighty fine.

Eggs, Burritos, Breakfast, Eggtucky

This was pretty good..

INGREDIENTS:
    8 Eggs
    1/4 cup milk
    2 Tbs John Henry's Pecan Rub
    5 Tbs EVOO
    1 1/2 Tbs chopped pecan
    1 Tbs cracked pepper
    1 tsp kosher salt
    1/2 cup chopped sausage fatty (leftover)
    1/4 cup chopped green pepper
    1/4 cup chopped red pepper
    1 medium scallion chopped
    1 1/2 medium jalapeno chopped
    1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar (smoked if you have it)
    4 10" Flour or whole wheat Tortillas (room temperature)
    4-6 Tbs salsa

Procedure:
    1 Mix milk and eggs and wisk until foaming. Add cracked pepper, salt, and 1 tbsp John Henry's Pecan Rub. Add 1-2 tbsp EVOO to skillet on medium heat. When hot stir in eggs and scramble. Remove eggs to bowl to cool.
    2 On egg (direct) heated to 300-400 add small skillet for sauteeing veggies. Close bottom vent and leave lid open. Heat 1 tbsp EVOO in skillet. Add chopped scallion, chopped jalapeno, chopped red pepper and chopped green pepper to skillet and sautee for 5-10 mins. until tender. Remove mix to a saucer and allow to cool.
    3 Setup egg for indirect at 350-400 dome temp. Add wood for smoke flavor if desired (I used pecan wood). Allow temp to stabilize and smoke to settle and turn blue.
    4 Once all is cooled, mix eggs, pecans, sauteed veggies, sausage, and cheese in a large bowl. Place approx. 1/4 of mix onto a tortilla and fold each end in then roll sides over into a tight roll, hold in place with toothpick. Brush each burrito with EVOO. Sprinkle exterior of each burrito with John Henry Pecan rub. Place on egg for 15-20 mins or until golden brown. Remove, pour salsa over each burrito and serve. Enjoy!.

Servings: 4

Recipe Type
    Breakfast

Recipe Source
    Source: BGE Forum, Eggtucky, 2008/04/13

Drink The Best, Cook With The Rest.

Auburn, KY
    ·
  • EggscaperEggscaper Posts: 213
    Don't know if it was '08 or '09, but they were good!

Doug
    Dallas, GA
    ·
  • EggscaperEggscaper Posts: 213
    That's look really good, but the one's I tried had hash browns, sausage, vegetables, salsa and who knows what else, but they were good! :)

Doug
    Dallas, GA
    ·
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    yes they were. he told me early that morning i'm cooking now and not until i get home :lol:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·