Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

HELP Breakfest Burrito

Eggscaper
Eggscaper Posts: 213
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
At the 2009 Eggtoberfest, someone made breakfast burritos in the AM. Need to know ingredients and the procedure to put them together. I believe he cooked them in a wok on the egg.

Doug
Dallas, GA

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    i think that was pork butt mike!

or maybe he did those in 08

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Can not find the EGGfest '09 burritos in the master recipe file for the event, but these look mighty fine.

Eggs, Burritos, Breakfast, Eggtucky

This was pretty good..

INGREDIENTS:
    8 Eggs
    1/4 cup milk
    2 Tbs John Henry's Pecan Rub
    5 Tbs EVOO
    1 1/2 Tbs chopped pecan
    1 Tbs cracked pepper
    1 tsp kosher salt
    1/2 cup chopped sausage fatty (leftover)
    1/4 cup chopped green pepper
    1/4 cup chopped red pepper
    1 medium scallion chopped
    1 1/2 medium jalapeno chopped
    1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar (smoked if you have it)
    4 10" Flour or whole wheat Tortillas (room temperature)
    4-6 Tbs salsa

Procedure:
    1 Mix milk and eggs and wisk until foaming. Add cracked pepper, salt, and 1 tbsp John Henry's Pecan Rub. Add 1-2 tbsp EVOO to skillet on medium heat. When hot stir in eggs and scramble. Remove eggs to bowl to cool.
    2 On egg (direct) heated to 300-400 add small skillet for sauteeing veggies. Close bottom vent and leave lid open. Heat 1 tbsp EVOO in skillet. Add chopped scallion, chopped jalapeno, chopped red pepper and chopped green pepper to skillet and sautee for 5-10 mins. until tender. Remove mix to a saucer and allow to cool.
    3 Setup egg for indirect at 350-400 dome temp. Add wood for smoke flavor if desired (I used pecan wood). Allow temp to stabilize and smoke to settle and turn blue.
    4 Once all is cooled, mix eggs, pecans, sauteed veggies, sausage, and cheese in a large bowl. Place approx. 1/4 of mix onto a tortilla and fold each end in then roll sides over into a tight roll, hold in place with toothpick. Brush each burrito with EVOO. Sprinkle exterior of each burrito with John Henry Pecan rub. Place on egg for 15-20 mins or until golden brown. Remove, pour salsa over each burrito and serve. Enjoy!.

Servings: 4

Recipe Type
    Breakfast

Recipe Source
    Source: BGE Forum, Eggtucky, 2008/04/13

Drink The Best, Cook With The Rest.

Auburn, KY
  • Eggscaper
    Don't know if it was '08 or '09, but they were good!

Doug
    Dallas, GA
  • Eggscaper
    That's look really good, but the one's I tried had hash browns, sausage, vegetables, salsa and who knows what else, but they were good! :)

Doug
    Dallas, GA
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    yes they were. he told me early that morning i'm cooking now and not until i get home :lol:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb