Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Odd corporate issue

snoqualmiesmoker
snoqualmiesmoker Posts: 265
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Gasket died, so i wanted to get a hold of one or find what the recomendations are for a new gasket are, called and left message with Bruce, a few weeks back, no reply. No issue, as I bet since its summer, he's probably busy. Sent an email a few days later and still have yet to get a reply.

Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks,

jb

Comments

• smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Snoqualmie, WA?
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • RCB
    RCB Posts: 16
    I'll just add that as a new BGE owner I had a question shortly after purchasing my egg. I emailled my question about the warranty and it was about a week before I got a reply. To be honest it wasn't a burning issue and I did not have an immediate problem BUT I was dismayed on the amount of time it took for a simple question. It did make me think about how long it would take IF I truly had a problem.
  • tacodawg
    tacodawg Posts: 335
    Just curious but did you try contacting the dealer you bought your Egg from. My dealer is very helpful and knowledgeable. He is more than willing to help with anything I have asked so far.
  • RCB
    my dealer is most helpful too but my question had to deal with the timeliness of the warranty being sent in and the recording of it.

I was told, after a week, that basically if I have my receipt all would be fine in the future.

My main concern was the 'postcard' could have been delayed or lost enroute to BGE and I had heard nothing from BGE and wanted to make sure I was registered.

That being said I have been very happy with my BGE and was able to make an Eggfest and look forward to making many more.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    RCB: I had the same issue. Forgot to mail in the card. Talked to my dealer about the issue and called corp just to double check. Left a message with them 7 months ago and never a call back. Kind of a hit or miss with corp
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • DanB
    DanB Posts: 44
    I sent them an email on 26 May with no response yet.

- dan
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    I would call....
    The Naked Whiz
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    that your dealer is your first line of warranty claims.
    Going through him (he knows you)saves a lot of time.

I've had my Egg since 1998 and have had the usual warranty issues; fractured fire box several times.

Went to dealer and he replaced it right then and there. Once out of a floor model.

Never has there been a n issue that wasn't solved immediately by my dealer.

Then one morning, in mid 2009, while I was cleaning out the ashes I spotted a crack running from the lower vent down across the bottom. Ouch!

Called my dealer and he said to get a couple of pictures and email them to him. Did as instructed and about 4 or 5 days later he had the okay to replace the lower part of my large. He called and apologized, saying it might take a week or two before the replacement could be delivered and that I shouldn't have any big problems if I were to keep using the cracked unit.

Having coffee a couple of days later thinking "what am I going to do today?" When it dawned on me that I could drive up to the distributor and pick it up. The appropriate calls were made and an hour later Eric called and said "Go!"

The folks at the distributor couldn't have been more accommodating. That afternoon I had my new base installed and was taking the horrible whiteness off it with a quick cook.

After all of that above stuff, Your dealer is your best friend on warranty issues, stop worrying about the corporate crap. As long as your dealer knows you, you are IN!
  • RCB
    Thanks, thats good info and advice.
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Wow, same neck of the woods and I have 1 LBGE, 2 kids, 1 dog, and 1 wife as well! :woohoo:
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • fasteddiem
    fasteddiem Posts: 212
    I never received a warranty card from my dealer but I have a receipt from the purchase...Where can I get a card? Can I register it online? Thanks for the help!

Eddie